The soundtrack to your gaming world, Syrinscape creates immersive sound design and a movie-like soundtrack for tabletop games.
Transform your next role-playing or tabletop gaming session. Syrinscape is a revolutionary sound design app created in Australia by tabletop role-playing aficionados. The app conjures every aural landscape imaginable, from ethereal forests or dank, vermin-filled dungeons to the spooky depths of the underworld.
Unlike other soundboard-style apps, Syrinscape uses adaptable libraries of sound files – SoundSets – to improvise soundscapes, allowing users a great degree of control over what they are hearing, while requiring almost no interaction while the app runs.
The Syrinscape Fantasy Player app is optimized for iPad, giving users the ability to playback Syrinscape SoundSets with a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. All the fantasy SoundSets you buy from the Syrinscape Store are available across all your devices, so you can pick up whichever device is to hand and immerse yourself in whatever sound world you desire.
Plug this into some big speakers at your next game and blow your player's minds!
- Bust cache and fetch latest subscription/purchase data on login, first launch, and via "refresh" button.
- Set default volume to 100%.
- Fix "Syrinscape was not able to load its soundset data..." error loop on startup.
- Fix the speed of elements moving towards or away from the listener.
- Improve quality and scaling on 2x and 3x high DPI displays.
- Prevent zoom beyond min and max constraints on small displays.
- Update app icons, installer and splash screen artwork.
- Upgrade to Unity 2020.1 for OS and app store compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome app. Love that each sound can be individually adjusted for volume to create custom moods. Also really cool to have a few free sound sets to give users a sample and a feel for the app. Great for GM’s who want to easily set the mood in their campaigns.
A couple things that would make this app more user friendly and would increase to 4 or even 5 stars.
1. The app doesn’t run in the background, so music and sounds stop when switching between other apps. Forcing me to use multiple devices to run games as I use other apps for notes, NPCs, initiative tracking etc.
2. The app has an extensive list of ALL the sound sets offered, and no way to filter that list. If you have purchased a sound set that appears at the bottom of the list you have to scroll all the way through every time. Would be great to have a filter to narrow the list making sets easier to find in game.
3. If using the app on your iPhone, make sure your silence switch is turned to the ringer position, otherwise you can’t hear anything, and turn on do not disturb mode. Admittedly this isn’t that big of a deal but took me awhile to figure out. I always have my phone on silent mode.
Great Tool but needs iPhone X tweak
The app is great and is amazing for creating ambiance during gameplay. However my biggest frustration is that when I am running it on my iPhone X or iPad Pro, the volume control is right where the home screen swipe bar is. I can mitigate this a little by increasing the view size, but it’s still right there and because the sounds close when you leave the app, creates irritating moments of the sounds stopping. Please update to add a full screen setting that will disable the home screen bar and the app will be perfect. :)
A must have for any pen and paper game
I've been using Syrinscape for 2 years now for my weekly Pathfinder game. The atmospheric sounds are absolutely amazing. Players walk in to a quiet tavern and the sound of a crackling fire, a hushed conversation and a chair being moved fills the air. The local drunk shoots off his mouth and at the click of a button the bar brawl sounds erupt and swords start flying.
Using the Windows version of the app has one major advantage over the iPhone in that the iPhone doesn't support surround sound. That of course is not the fault of the developer. Having the app on my phone is great for any pickup game or at next Convention.
- Syrinscape Pty Ltd
- 70.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Syrinscape Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.