The soundtrack to your gaming world, Syrinscape creates immersive sound design and a movie-like soundtrack for tabletop games.
Transform your next role-playing or tabletop gaming session. Syrinscape is a revolutionary sound design app created in Australia by tabletop role-playing aficionados. The app conjures every aural landscape imaginable, from ethereal forests or dank, vermin-filled dungeons to the spooky depths of the underworld.
Unlike other soundboard-style apps, Syrinscape uses adaptable libraries of sound files – SoundSets – to improvise soundscapes, allowing users a great degree of control over what they are hearing, while requiring almost no interaction while the app runs.
The Syrinscape Fantasy Player app is optimized for iPad, giving users the ability to playback Syrinscape SoundSets with a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. All the fantasy SoundSets you buy from the Syrinscape Store are available across all your devices, so you can pick up whichever device is to hand and immerse yourself in whatever sound world you desire.
Plug this into some big speakers at your next game and blow your player's minds!
Fix a bug where the app could crash with a "Already have uncommitted encoder" error.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app. Love that each sound can be individually adjusted for volume to create custom moods. Also really cool to have a few free sound sets to give users a sample and a feel for the app. Great for GM’s who want to easily set the mood in their campaigns.
A couple things that would make this app more user friendly and would increase to 4 or even 5 stars.
1. The app doesn’t run in the background, so music and sounds stop when switching between other apps. Forcing me to use multiple devices to run games as I use other apps for notes, NPCs, initiative tracking etc.
2. The app has an extensive list of ALL the sound sets offered, and no way to filter that list. If you have purchased a sound set that appears at the bottom of the list you have to scroll all the way through every time. Would be great to have a filter to narrow the list making sets easier to find in game.
3. If using the app on your iPhone, make sure your silence switch is turned to the ringer position, otherwise you can’t hear anything, and turn on do not disturb mode. Admittedly this isn’t that big of a deal but took me awhile to figure out. I always have my phone on silent mode.
Horrid user experience, okay sound sets
The app is interesting, but the ui and ux is terrible. This things needs a redesign and a way to register and manage your account from within the mobile app itself. The website is also not mobile friendly and totally breaks when viewing on a mobile device, making registration (and doing anything else on a mobile browser) nearly impossible. Having to jump through hoops to set up a subscription via the web app is also annoying. Let me manage my account and services all in one place!
Finally, the organization of the audio sound sets is bogus. I had to figure out that each sound set uses the abbreviation of the adventure module before the name of the sound set. This should be much better organized (maybe by category like the web app?) and the filter needs to be cleaned up. I can’t recommend this unless this app is entirely rebuilt using modern software architecture approaches. I shouldn’t have to jump between two different apps to use this product.
Doesn’t seem to have been made with iOS in mind
So while I enjoy the desktop version of Syrinscapes, at least the iOS phone app is so glitchy it won’t even work. The screen is not designed for the size of the phone screen so trying to adjust the volume closes the app and names are partially cut off on the left side of the screens (shrinking the size in setting helped a bit but even at its lowest you don’t have great functionality). Pair that with the fact that half the time I couldn’t even get the sounds to actually play and I just can’t recommend this version of the app until it is better designed for iOS. But do by all means use the desktop version. That one works much better.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Syrinscape Pty Ltd
- 71 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Syrinscape Pty Ltd