Pick colors from anywhere using the built-in color picker.
- Quickly copy, paste, and convert colors in Hex, HSL, RGB, LCH format
- Show as a normal app or in the menu bar
- Pick a color or toggle the window from anywhere with a global keyboard shortcut
- Make the window stay on top of all other windows
- Launch it at login (when in the menu bar)
- Recently picked colors
- Shortcuts support
- Hide menu bar icon
■ Keyboard shortcuts
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts in the app:
- Pick color: Command+p
- Copy as Hex: Shift+Command+h
- Copy as HSL: Shift+Command+s
- Copy as RGB: Shift+Command+r
- Copy as LCH: Shift+Command+l
- Paste color: Shift+Command+v (In the format Hex, HSL, RGB, or LCH)
Use the feedback button in the “Help” menu in the app or email me at email@example.com
The app is open-source on GitHub (see the website).
- Added a preference to hide the menu bar icon.
- Added the ability to copy the current color in HSB format. (Click the "..." button)
Ratings and Reviews
There when you need it
I need to grab colors from various apps throughout the day to get their color values for CSS, and this app makes it easy to have the color picker available from a global shortcut that then copies the color value to my clipboard. This app is cleanly designed, provides the color value in four different formats, and the developer is extremely responsive. Six stars!
With so many color pickers on the app store, it's amazing that so many fail to deliver the right blend of functionality with a smooth and Mac-native UX. This one gets it exactly right. I had been using "HexColor" for years after it had become abandonware, and this picker has completely filled that need for me. Great work!
Simple and has HSL and LCH formats!
I've been frustrated with the color picker that I have been using for years. Went to search for one with LCH and HSL---Two formats I am thrilled to learn about!
All functions available on one panel which makes it easier to use as well.
Only issues I have are font sizes and that app icon. Maybe that last one will grown on me, but it looks like a color blob. I would maybe play around with single-color line scetches of "droppers" (of course using just one of them---hee) which would make it more identifiable.
Developer Response ,
There is a setting to get larger text size for the inputs in the latest version. I’ll look into tweaking the app icon.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sindre Sorhus
- 2.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sindre Sorhus
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.