Tabata Pro is a premium fitness timer recommended by fitness trainers, phys-ed teachers, and athletes for high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and Tabata training.
Tabata Pro is A MUST HAVE TABATA TIMER to maximize workouts. This fitness timer is for high-intensity interval training (HIIT) tabata timer is engineered to maximize workouts. Tabata Pro is used by top professional fitness trainers, bodybuilders, physed departments, and athletes. Tabata Pro is designed for Tabata, HIIT, weight training, kettlebells, running, cycling, or any interval fitness training.
High impact Tabata and HIIT training maximizes your fitness effect in a short amount of time.
Use Tabata Pro to time your tabata training following the tabata method or as a general-purpose HIIT interval timer. It is universal so you can use it on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
The clear speaking coach built into Tabata Pro will guide you through preparation, work, rest, cool down, and recovery intervals. Tabata Pro comes with carefully selected high-quality alert sounds that are clear to hear over your music.
Tabata Pro has complete music control using Workout DJ. Workout DJ automatically starts and changes the music during your timer session. You can choose different music for each interval of your workout.
TRACK WORKOUTS WITH APPLE HEALTH:
Tabata Pro has Apple Health workout logging. Tabata Pro will track your workout sessions and store them to the Apple Health database. Use a heart rate monitor or the Apple Watch app to also associate and store calories burned and heart rate statistics.
• Premium quality tabata timer
• Start and change music automatically with Workout DJ
• High-quality audio, visual, and voice alert system
• Fully customizable times, cycles, and tabatas
• Multiple quick-change tabata timer presets
• Mute sound if needed
• Multitasking and split-screen support
• Custom external display designed for large screen
• Apple Health integration
• Apple Watch app
4 PRODUCTS IN 1:
• in-pocket as a personal audio coach using headphones
• main display for room and on fitness equipment
• external display for group training in the gym
• Tabata Timer and HIIT timer on your wrist
• Tabata Timer
• Interval Timer
• Tabata WOD Timer
• HIIT Timer
• Walk Run Timer
Tabata Pro® and Workout DJ™ are trademarks of SIMPLETOUCH LLC, all rights reserved.
End user license agreement: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/
Ratings and Reviews
Coming back to the gym after years away I was I introduced to the whole Tabata thing. I needed an app to help manage the time and picked this one based on the 5-star rating. I like it. The DJ feature is nice but appears limited to Apple Music rather than other streaming accounts. I end up just playing music in a different app. All in all I like it, but I have a few suggestions (their feedback page is “temporarily unavailable”):
1. Make the button for stopping a workout a slider like the power off confirmation on the iPhone. It’s really easy to accidentally hit the stop button and then you can’t get back into where you were in your Tabata cycle. For example, if I accidentally hit the button on cycle six of eight I can’t restart it. I think the slider control makes the most sense but even a confirm dialog would be helpful.
2. I chose this app because it also had an app for the watch. However, the watch app and the iPhone app are not in sync. In other words if I start a Tabata on the phone and then I open the app on the watch app on the watch knows nothing about the Tabata already in progress . The watch app, and the iPhone app should be in sync.
3. I’d like the option to cut the recovery time short if I don’t need it. At certain times during the work out where I don’t need the full recovery time and I’m waiting for recovery time to expire I’d like to have a button that skips to the last 10 seconds of recovery so I can speed things up.
Was great now not working
I have had this app for a while and use it twice a week- latest release added great new features but crashes all time. I set for 3 Tabatas and each time it stops during recovery period after 1st one and I have to reset. Am running latest iOS on iPhone X. Now just use one Tabata at a time but that is not the point surely. Hoping for a new update to address this.
Update : all working great again
I like everything about this app - except that it sometimes skips the rest period after a set. At first, I thought it was me; that I zoned out and missed the rest at the end of the set. But the last time I used it, I watched carefully and sure enough it went from “work” to “work” with no rest between.
Also, I’m home doing workouts posted by my boot camp class and sometimes our coach breaks up a set with 2 exercises - for example, 1 minute set with one exercise for 40 seconds and the other for 20 seconds. There is no way to set the timer to account for this - which requires me to hold my phone or put it somewhere that I can see it which isn’t always practical depending upon the exercise.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SIMPLETOUCH LLC
- 26.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 7.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © SIMPLETOUCH LLC 2010-2023
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Yearly $9.99
- Pro+ Annual $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.