PLANT, IRRIGATE, AND GROW BAMBOO… BUT WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE APPETITE OF THE GREEDY IMPERIAL PANDA?
The Japanese emperor has called the very best gardeners in the empire to compete for the complicated task of caring for his sacred panda. Only the gardener with the very best plots of bamboo will be able to satisfy this picky animal!
Plant a bamboo forest around the emperor’s pond. Cultivate and irrigate your plots to grow all the types of bamboo the panda loves.
To beat your rivals, make improvements to your plots: build irrigation channels or add fertilizer to accelerate the growth of your bamboo… and pray that the weather is favorable!
The player who completes the most objectives wins the game. Only one gardener can win the emperor’s favor… So grab a rake!
- Simple and tactical gameplay adapted from the acclaimed board game, Takenoko, by Antoine Bauza.
- 1 to 4 players
- Play in single-player mode against the computer or your friends and the rest of the world in local or online multi-player!
- Chibis: an extension pack with all new objectives, new plots of land, and most importantly, Miss Panda and her babies. Available for purchase in the game shop!
Original board game awards:
- 2013 Ludoteca Ideale official selection
- 2013 winner of Games Magazine best new family game
- 2012 Tric Trac nomination
- 2012 winner of Lys public choice award
- 2012 nomination for JoTa best family board game
- 2012 nomination for Golden Geek best family board game
- 2012 nomination for the Golden Geek best kids’ board game
- 2012 winner of As d’Or-Jeu de l’Année
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t recommend until fixed
When you are logged in to an Asmodee account and playing a local game the turn choices do not show up on the right side, so the game is unplayable. If you logout of your Asmodee account and play a local game the game works as expected. I haven’t tried an online game so I can’t say if it has the same issue or not.
This is one of my favorite board games, so I was really hoping for a good app experience. Unfortunately, it is 100% unplayable—no exaggeration or hyperbole. It simply does not work at all.
The hang up seems to be the transition between turns. Whether you’re playing online games or solo games vs AI, the game always gets stuck going from one player to the next. You’re left with no choice but to back out and start a new game. I’ve tried over a dozen times and not once has the game been able to make a full round of turns and come back to the first player—in either solo or online mode. Complete and utter waste of money, which is sad, because the animation and music are perfect. I wish I could play the game I paid for.
Much potential, many glitches
My friends and I have been waiting for an app version of this game forever, so we rushed to download it when it finally came out. It’s gorgeous, and I love the Help Panda as I haven’t played in about a year (hubby doesn’t do board games, and my board game crew lives five states away). But it has several problems that are really barring it from living up to its full potential:
1) Online version hangs. My friend was able to make her move, the game tells me it’s my turn, but when I make a move, it tells me “Error: Not Your Turn.” It allows me to play my actions, with the error message each time, but does not register on my friend’s side.
2) No ability for single player? I’m not seeing an AI option.
3) When I attempt to purchase the Chibi expansion, the game tells me “Purchase Failed.”
Come on, Asmodee, give me the solid app experience I’ve come to expect from you and let me get some pandas the bamboo they so desperately want!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Asmodee Digital
- 468.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2018 published by Asmodee Digital, Takenoko is co-edited by Bombyx & Matagot.
- In-App Purchases
- Takenoko - Chibis $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.