Learning to be a Swift programmer has never been so easy, convenient, or fun!
TapCoding includes thousands of bite-sized pages of tutorial content. All together, this content is easily the size of an entire programming book.
But programming books are boring.
Don't just read about programming in Swift. Actually do it, with all the interactive exercises offered within TapCoding:
- True/false exercises for emphasizing important concepts.
- Code building pages for producing code via drag-and-drop.
- Code typing pages for reinforcing the rote muscle memory of coding.
- Error spotting pages for comprehending existing code and detecting mistakes in logic or syntax.
These exercises get you into the action, helping you engage and invest in your learning.
TapCoding's carefully crafted curriculum takes you from a complete newbie up to an intermediate skill level, all from the comfort of your couch. The novice course can be unlocked 100% for free, so get started today!
~ Streaks have been simplified by removing the consecutive days requirement.
~ 20-30 typos have been fixed.
~ The app download size has been decreased.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app!! If you have money to spare
Read bottom after this
I started with unity, but I was just following instructions, I never learned anything, I didn't know what int or var meant, and got frustrated, and rage quit. But with this app, it gives you instructions, tips, and places to turn to. No in app purchases, no premium, just free help. This is my first day, and I've already learned a lot. 6 stars.
Nvm, I got further in, and then you have to pay 6 bucks for the rest of the lessons. 4 stars. Only the first 9 lessons are free. Sorry for the wrong info.
Needs three (significant) improvements
The language is mostly clear and the lessons offer a good level of difficulty for a first-time coder. Three faults keep this from being a GREAT app (and I would have made this suggestion in the app, but the flag/feedback system is more suited to individual pages than the app as a whole... so maybe four faults);
1. Everyone says it and it's true -- there needs to be a way to save progress in the middle of a lesson, when you don't have a full 15-20 minutes.
2. Navigation is limited to single-step-forward. I need a way to go back and look something up without starting each section over (and doing each exercise until I reach the page I need).
3. The tap function is a great idea -- really makes this app work on a phone or tablet. However, the typing function doesn't make sense. I get that there's a memory component to typing... but I think that only works with touch-typing on a keyboard. Hunt-and-peck (with just your thumbs, no less) doesn't provide the same memory-improving haptic connection. The virtual keyboard of touch devices requires too much attention to spaces, shifts, and navigating the letter/number/symbol keypad.
Plus, it's hell on the thumbs.
Some great ideas and a good lesson plan (I bought the full package) but these three issues hamstring the learning process.
Great stuff, but I wish there was more!
I've now worked my way through all the available modules and units in TapCoding (including those you have to pay for). It's been a great experience, and I'm happy I used this app. I feel like a got a good basic overview of Swift, with a solid number of examples.
Reaching the end, sadly, felt a little abrupt. I wish the app had given information on whether more modules are planned, or suggestions for where to go to learn more.
That said, I do recommend TapCoding. Now I'm off to find more ways to play with Swift! :D
- Flairify LLC
- 34.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Flairify LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Master's Curriculum $9.99
- Builder's Curriculum $5.99
- Master's Curriculum (Full Price) $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.