“tapeRecorder" turns your device into an "OLD STYLE" tape recorder / music player.
- Record interviews, lectures at the university, audio notes, live music performances
- Play music stored in your iTunes music library
The software allows:
- To make an infinite number of recordings, each with an endless recording time (professional type - using the device's microphone)
- Saves an infinite number of recordings (subject to availability of physical memory on the device)
- Automatically assigns the current date and time for the title of the recorded audio file (automatic historical archive recording)
- At any time you can load and listen the Your personal recordings
- Using the technology "iTunes File Sharing" all the recordings can be transferred from device to PC or MAC (RECORDING BACKUP)
- Using the technology "iTunes File Sharing" all the recordings can be transferred from the MAC / PC to the device
- Allows to load songs directly from the music library of the device, for listening (MUSIC PLAYER feature for iTunes music library)
- Parallel listening and recording
1) Import music from your iTunes library
2) Press REC
3) Press PLAY
4) Sing over the music playing
RESULTS: music + voice will be recorded on a new audio file (KARAOKE RECORDING feature) and stored in the archive of tapeRecorder
(These steps can be repeated several times to create such choirs or double voices)
- FF and REW tape, slow and fast (pressing FF and REW buttons the tape is rewinded or fast forwarded like in the old cassette recorder)
- Animation for tape reel (simulates the old cassette player for REC, PLAY, FF, fast FF, REW, fast REW)
- Volume control
- Slider control to modify the song playback position (like in the default device player)
- Controls, status display, playback time, level meter (for PLAY and REC), audio clipping leds (for PLAY and REC)
- “OLD STYLE" tape recorder design
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Minor bugs fixed for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
It does tape record
I too was puzzled, but it does work as a tape recorder. One needs to press the red square and the play and stop directions are indicated.
The sound isn't heard, as far as my initial foray, unless you listen with earphone, unlike songs that even without playing through a microphone
can be heard by clicking on them. So, it does perform as a Taperecorder. The app developer I emailed responded promptly and
I think it will do exactly what it advertises, once I take the time to go over his instructions and get the hang of it's particulars.
I did speak a test file into the iPad, and listening to a replay, it sounds very clear, loud and crisp.
This one does the trick
All I wanted to do was record a friend singing. Nothing fancy. No mixing, editing, or sampling. After trying two other apps that were way more trouble to figure out, this one did exactly what I needed it to do, and was simple to understand. It does exactly what the name implies.
All I wanted to do was to be able to use my iPhone as a tape recorder. Once it started taping, I couldn't get it to stop or rewind or playback. It just kept taping. I finally figured out how to just remove it from my apps. Oh well, it wasn't a big investment. Maybe other people are more techie and can make it work for them.
The developer, Gianluca Natalini, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gianluca Natalini
- 2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.