New in 3.0.4:
Fixed an issue where Teleprompter sometimes used excessive CPU when communicating over the network.
New in 3.0.2:
Teleprompter now includes a 14 day trial for new users!
If you've already bought Teleprompter, and are mistakenly being redirected to the trial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Add word count in the formatting bar.
- Add a horizontal line overlay.
- Fix a bug where the arrow wouldn’t show in the Preferences.
- Fix a crash when reordering segments.
- When opening a document from the network, don’t close the document if it becomes disconnected. Instead, leave the document open and allow it to be saved. This allows you to run redundant machines when prompting.
- Add Blocking Text syncing over the network. When you push the “Block Text” button, all available Teleprompters on the network switch their blocking on or off.
- Add a button to Text Blocking configuration to push the current settings to all Macs on the network.
- Remove “Searching…” indicators when networking is actually off.
- Fix a bug where the alignment of imported plain text documents would not change.
- Add a segments quick jump menu. Hold down the “Segments” toolbar button to reveal a menu that allows you to quickly jump to segments.
- When importing documents, only change the majority color of the document, if color changing has been selected. This allows colored highlights to remain in imported documents.
- When importing documents by dragging them into the dock icon, or using “Open With” in Finder, provide the Import menu to change the formatting.
- Add a checkbox to optionally remove margins from imported files.
- Various minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Easiest to use, but extremely functional
Having tried about 5 of the web-based and Mac apps for teleprompting, this one beats them all. Unculttered screen, not fussy to use. Doesn't scroll based on microphone input (listen to the script), but the prompters that have that function don't have that trick mastered yet. This is the first app that has allowed me to get through a half-hour script in a half hour! With the others, it was a frustrating string of stops and starts and restarts. Highly recommended.
Very good functionality; window is a little odd
This is a very good app for scrolling the content. It has many functions that allow control of speed, etc. However, I wish the window was a little easier to handle (the text size automatically adjusts larger or smaller when resizing the window). I guess I will get used to it with experience. It also lacks a line-spacing control. Increasing the amount of space between lines can make it easier to read the content, which is the primary purpose of the app, but there is no way to increase/decrease line-spacing aside from selecting a font size.
Developer Response ,
Hi Wallyrocks! We've added line spacing controls in the newest version.
The text changes size so that the actual line width remains constant. This way, the way the text wraps doesn't change based on the size of the window. This means that Teleprompter can render the same script consistently even on multiple windows (or on other devices.)
It's definitely a trade-off, as the text can get larger or smaller depending on the window size. However, we think it's the right decision for a more consistent experience in most cases.
Great for Video Presentations!
I looked around at about 10 free and paid solutions for having a computer-based teleprompter and this seems like a solid program for the money and it is! Great features not the least of which is being able to control the timing of the scroll to a predetermined time limit, in my case 10 minutes. This will do wonders for me as I have a tendency to ramble and get off topic. It’s going to take a little practivce but this program has everything I need.
Have only worked a little with the remote control, but it works fine from what I have seen so far.
If you have any doubts, I believe this program is worth the money. You could spend a lot more, but if you are just doing solo work like myself, this program handles it and then some!
- Pavonine Software
- 12.6 MB
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 Pavonine Software, All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- 14 Day Trial
- Teleprompter $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.