Practice at your own pace.
Tempo SlowMo is an ideal practice tool for musicians, dancers and language students. Using technology developed for our Chord Detector and Chord Tutor apps, Tempo SlowMo’s sleek and simple design helps you practice playing songs, dance routines or learning a new language by slowing down or speeding up an audio tracks BPM (beats per minute) without affecting its pitch.
5 Stars “Great for playing guitar!”
5 Stars “Elegant and intuitive”
5 Stars “Great for transcribing songs on drums”
5 Stars “Amazing for memorization!”
5 Stars “Great for dance teachers”
5 Stars “Good for fitness too!”
5 Stars “Great for choir practice”
5 Stars “This app is my favorite :) i love it!!!”
Just hit the Music button within the app to reveal the available audio import options. Import an audio file from your iPod/Apple Music library, Dropbox account or over WiFi network directly to your device. Tempo SlowMo will then load the audio file which you can then play, pause, slow down and speed up to your hearts content.
Tempo SlowMo also has a feature allowing you to drop markers at any point in the track so that you can quickly skip back to that point if there is a particular bit of a track you are trying to master. Special Loop Markers allow you to loop part of a track if you need to master a specific section. Start and End Track Markers allow you to override the point where a track begins and ends.
As well as being able to import audio files from different sources you can also make your own recording and save it for future use.
You can export the changes you made to an audio file to MP4 and upload it to Dropbox or send it as an email attachment.
Please note that this app does not support tracks which are DRM protected.
Apple Music tracks in your music library can now be loaded and played in Tempo SlowMo. Unfortunately controls such as pitch, balance and equaliser cannot be used with Apple Music tracks. However you can change the tempo and set loops to your hearts content.
List of core features:-
● Import tracks from iPod/Apple Music library sync’d to device
● Change tempo while playing between 20% and 250% or original tempo.
● Display BPM value if track is tagged with BPM via idv3 or iTunes metadata.
● Plays in background
● AirPlay support
● Play track on continuous loop
● loop sections of a track
● Export to Dropbox or Email
● Input from devices microphone and slow down/speed up recording
● Import tracks from your Dropbox
● Import tracks from your computer over WiFi
● Import mp3 and m4a email attachments
● Gapless playback
List of additional features available via In-App Purchase:-
● Playlist – create, update, save and load playlists of tracks. BPM lock feature included which enables you to play an entire playlist at the same BPM.
● Pitch Changer – alter the pitch in 0.5 semitone increaments between -12 and +12 semitones.
● BPM Tapper – determine the BPM of your track.
● Equaliser Control – isolate specific frequency bands with this 10 band equaliser.
● Balance Control – change the volume per channel.
● Remove Adverts – The app is free but contains adverts. Use this option to remove the adverts.
If there are any features you would like to see in Tempo SlowMo please let us know.
Squashed a couple more bugs:
- Fixed crash for some users when opening the iPod/Apple Music media picker.
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix this!
I love this app. I use it while drumming and have found it invaluable-- except one thing. Sometimes after one song on my playlist (only 3) plays, the next song plays also, and besides shutting down my iPad, I cannot make it stop. I would delete and get the app again except I have bought some of the extras and don't want to lose that.
Dance Teacher’s Best Friend!
As a dance teacher, I have depended on this app since I discovered it in 2015. To my knowledge, it is the ONLY app that allows you to import your own music (whether from iTunes or a Dropbox file you’ve edited) and TEMPORARILY adjust the tempo so your students can practice it as slowly as they need to while first learning the choreography. This is truly invaluable! So much more I could say about this app, but it’s a free download, so go discover for yourself 😊
Sadly, 1 Star...
Have no idea why; It used to work very well and I absolutely loved this app, but after a while, it wouldn't let me play any of my songs from my library. Whatever I did, no matter how much I tried to fix my phone by deleting a lot of songs, it said that the songs on my phone had problem loading, and said "data is corrupt or value is not an object". When I tried the original version, it worked just fine, no problems. Makes me feel positive it has to be this app that's the problem, not my phone. I hate to do it because I used to love this app and used it daily in the past, but I'm giving it one star.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Martian Storm Ltd
- 56.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Simon Hopkin
- In-App Purchases
- Pitch/Key Change $0.99
- BPM Tapper $0.99
- Playlist Festure $0.99
- Remove Advert $0.99
- Equaliser Feature $0.99
- Balance Control $0.99
- Remove Advert 2 $2.99
- Remove Advert 3 $4.99
- Audio Import $0.99