Writing and compiling TeX files on the go. No internet connection needed.
FULL TeX/LaTeX SUPPORT
- Supports both plain TeX and LaTeX, output PDF;
- Supports XeLaTeX (online compiling, requires PRO subscription);
- Fast compiler optimized for iOS devices;
- On-demand package auto downloader, including big packages like beamer;
- Integrated BibTeX/MakeIndex;
- Support multi-file project with comment "%!TEX root=main.tex"
DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands.
- Outline view. Works for multi-file project.
- Side by side PDF preview with auto reload after compilation.
- TeX-aware spell checking (cmd -> spell)
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
- export & print pdf
- Customizable UI appearance (via twilit.l)
- Dropbox and OneDrive syncing, with file comparison and manual conflict resolution
- PDF export/email
- Package download acceleration;
- Automatic eps-to-pdf conversion with online service;
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Length of subscription is 1 year
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication"
- Privacy and Term of Use: https://apps.texwriter.net/about.html
HOW TO GET HELP
- Visit https://apps.texwriter.net for user guide, and templates for russian, chinese, japanese.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send bug report and feature requests.
- Or directly talk to @litchiedev on Twitter.
- Fix bugs when importing folders and files (Open in ..)
- Make it possible to compile while in pdf view:
(add-hook pdf-mode-hook (lambda()
(add-to-toolbar "TEX" 'tex-compile)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Version 4 really improves DropBox support
I use this app a lot to write notes and tutorials for my courses and it has been an invaluable tool for me. For anybody with memories of old implementations of LaTeX on Mac OS (for example OzTeX), the way this app. automatically fetches packages online when needed simply seems magical.
The one main weakness for me was the shaky DropBox support. Yes, it worked, but only as long as the DropBox folder was only used to push edits done on the iOS side. Any work done on the macOS side would invariably lead to conflicts that this App was doing a terrible job of solving (pretty much, the only solution was to flush the entire folder). Fortunately, v. 4 seems to have solved virtually all DropBox problems for me. It really works the way it should. Many thanks to the developer.
The only remaining minor irritants are that the editor is limited. Yes I know that I can modify the config file to change the presets, but it is somewhat cumbersome. I used to hate the copying mechanism that the developer seems to be very proud of... I just got used to it and it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.
Anyway, this is one of a handful of apps that are absolutely essential on my iPad and that I use every day. I Love it!
Cannot open files from other apps
I use LaTeX on my computer, and it's so convenient to have it on my iPad and iPhone 6 Plus as well. It makes me so productive since I can work and make documents anywhere and any time. I love how it integrates with other apps. I use a combined file browser, file server, FTP client app, Documents 5, and I can move my Tex and PDF files back and forth between the apps.
The new text editor is much better than the original and a lot easier to use.
The one thing I think would be helpful is have a video tutorial to show us how the app works and explain how to use the features.
The app developer is responsive and fixes issues with the app quickly, so if you have problems, don't hesitate to email. I've had some problems before, and they have all been fixed around a week after I reported them.
New Version is much better (Updated for Version 5)
[Written a few months before Version 5: Although some automatic sync isn’t great, it has much better version control. Incredibly stable and easy to use a wide-variety of packages (I was particularly impressed with how easy it was to make advanced geometric figures with tikz). Very happy I purchased it.]
I just recently updated to the Version 5. This was a massive improvement. The automatic sync is still wanting (as in, I need to hit “sync” whenever I think about it in order to sync my documents), but the editor is fantastic. Split view has made this a supremely useable and productive editor for myself. I still prefer TeXStudio on my computer, but on the go this is the best option.
- Chaoji Li
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © (C) 2012-2019, Chaoji Li.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.