Text Editor+ is universal application which allow to edit Plain and Rich Text
- Supports Plain Text and Rich Text Editor (iOS7 only)
- Allow to Edit and Create .RTF File
- Sync with iCloud and Dropbox
- Support offline/local storage
- Full features Text editor with Find, Replace, Go To Line
Font Style, Size, Colour selection
- Integration with iCloud, Dropbox and offline storage
- Its sync automatically with iCloud or dropbox, No need to do manually Import/Export
- You can manage file within folder(s)
- Create file/folder within application
- Allow to Export Text as PDF file
- Easy to Import via iTunes & WiFi Sharing and Dropbox
- Easy to Share via Email, Open In other apps and iTunes Sharing
- Print Option
- Option to change encoding type with all possible encoding types
- Built-In Trash, Easy to restore deleted files within application
- Built-In app password protection
Share your feedback or report problem at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added iOS9 compatibility
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bugs in latest version cripple the software
Nice, basic free editor; its best feature is the ability to EASILY transfer files to/from your PC by accessing your iPad via a web page. Worked well with small files; for large files, there were some repaint and scrolling issues. However your files were still intact (with the exception of just 1 crash I had once).
Sometime in December 2014 the software self-updated. Most - but not all - of the scrolling bugs were fixed, but now new bugs cripple the software so bad that I'm going to have to give up and switch to a pay editor. One bug is that the GUI buttons disappear after a few seconds, and I can't figure out how to get them back without aborting the software and re-starting it. The workaround is to IMMEDIATELY do a "find" and keep the find dialog open. Another crippling bug is that the "find" no longer finds all occurrences, but only the first 2 (forward-find and backward-find only work once).
This software has great potential, and I hope the author works on fixing the bugs and improving testing procedures before release (new versions should have fewer bugs, not more).
A simple, few-frills text editor with minor annoyances
This app fits my needs, which are relatively few and simple. Mostly, I want an app that lets me take notes in .txt files and transfer them directly to my PC via iTunes—no cloud services required—and that doesn’t ask me to sign up for any sort of account. Basically, I want an app that makes no serious attempt to be smart or connected, and I found it surprisingly hard to find a text editor that fit this bill. The .rtf support is nice, too, as are the abilities to add custom keys and adjust zoom. But overall, this app just does its job with minimal frills, which I like and am happy to pay for.
The biggest annoyance in this app is the menu that pops in or out while viewing or editing files; when it pops up, it pushes text down the screen, and when it disappears the text jumps back up. Because the menu comes and goes with a tap, and in iOS you double-tap a word to highlight it, attempting to highlight a word causes that word to move around onscreen. It’s still possible to highlight text, it just takes an extra step or two. Like I said, it’s minor. But it’s a simple fix: bring the menu up only when I tap a file’s filename/title at the very top of the screen.
My other minor gripe is that the custom keys are smaller than iOS’s keyboard keys and thus a little harder to hit with precision.
I needed an app where I could do simple text editing that didn’t automatically get converted to RTF or to HTML and this did the job. Thank you very much!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.