Textastic is the most comprehensive and versatile text and code editor available for iPad and iPhone. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to SFTP, FTP, and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in SSH terminal to work directly on your server.
• Compatible with TextMate 1 and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• Emmet support
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• iCloud Drive file synchronization
• WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full support for external keyboards, trackpads, and mice
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, UTF-16, and ISO-8859-1
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Custom fonts
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
- Fixed: the insertion point was not displayed when tapping once on the editor in upcoming iOS versions
- Other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The Big T application FANTASTIC
LOVE IT! I am an old mainframe guy, and most of my career I used Xedit. I want to say Kedit was
For DOS or Command Line but no GUI. So basically PC based, maybe AIX or Red Hat. Just not sure. My point is Xedit and Kedit were soraly missed. GUI is OK but the dev. For Windows, AIX, or day Redhat stuck to what they knew. Sad.
Your T-Rex editor name (I like that better than Textastic name. The other does not sing). I was using NOTES+++ for a while, rich with function, but not intuitive. It would take an investment on time to fully understand. Plus, I really never trusted it. Nothing is Free. How to the get $$.
T-isfortext or T-Rex are better names. To the point. I LIKE IT! It’s simple, intuitive, lite-weight, offers numerous function. It’s the closest to a green screen than you can get.
The other editor I have is TextEdit and it looks to be very nice. But there is a learning curve and I just cannot spare the time right now. I will sit down with it sooner or later.
Wish list. If you could purchase Kedit, not sure it’s avail, and integrate if making it available again would be great.
(1) you have a really good product with T-Rex (Textastic) do whatever you can to keep quality HIGH.
(2) Please Stay far away from subscription base charge back. Do not! Stay away! If you need funds to maintain or grow application, get with me and I’ll propose a model that will do just that.
I do all my web development in this app
Amazingly Powerful App
I’ve searched high and low for an app like this. For one reason or another, I’d talked myself out of purchasing this, instead choosing to use other apps (that were an absolute waste of money). But finally I decided to try my luck with this, and I can’t stop kicking myself for not choosing this one sooner. It works so well. It’s easy to use, setup. I was up and running in no time. Paired with the iPad magic keyboard, this feels like I’m typing on my old MacBook. Can’t thank the Textastic team enough for developing and maintaining this app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Blach
- 22.5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023 Alexander Blach
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.