Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Open files in tabs
• Open folders in a sidebar
• Find in files
• Print files
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• Full support for Dark Mode
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
• Added "Reload Customizations" and "Show Customization Folder" commands to the advanced preferences and to the main menu. This allows you to reload syntax definitions, themes, and code completions without quitting and restarting the app. All open files in the application support folder are automatically saved before reloading customizations.
• The tab bar is now shown in fullscreen mode.
• Improved handling of Emoji characters in the code editor.
• Fixed: Sometimes previously closed files were mistakenly reopened on application launch. I think I finally found the root cause for this issue.
• Fixed: Cmd-Z could undo changes in a different tab than the currently selected tab.
• Fixed problems with the version browser (File -> Revert To -> Browse All Versions…).
• Improved handling of certain .tmTheme files: Invalid scope styles are now ignored. The "gutter" and "gutterForeground" colors are now supported.
• Enabled the Hardened Runtime.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not break your Default App Extension settings (Updated)
As others have noted, Textastic appears to override your macOS default app settings for some files, i.e., GetInfo and Always Open With options don’t seem to work. On macOS this occurs when the file is stored in the Textastic iCloud folder and is a macOS/iCloud instituted behavior, not something done by Textastic. Since this is not a Textastic issue and the app is otherwise excellent - no reason not to give this app five stars. Thank you to the developer Alexander for his support in very quickly identifying the concern.
Unusable in fullscreen mode
I love the native UI that this app has but it is simply unusable for me because of one issue: it hides the tabs in fullscreen mode and there is no preference to keep them visible. When I have several codebases and need to swipe between them as fullscreen windows, I cannot use tabs because switching tabs requires me to move the mouse to the top of the screen.
It would be great if the developer added more options to customize basic UI stuff like this, but it is very narrow in focus. Probably great for whoever made it, not for me. Literally all I want is to keep the tabs visible as if it were not fullscreen.
It'd be very wonderful to have folding option. Other than that it's my preferred edit text as it sync flawlessly with my phone and ipad. I thing it's the only app that have such feature. Keep the good job
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.