TextSniper - OCR, Copy & Paste 4+
PDF, Screen & Image to text
TextSniper is an easy-to-use desktop Mac OCR app that can extract and recognize any non-searchable and non-editable text on your Mac's screen. As an extra feature, it can turn OCR text into speech. It is a super convenient alternative to complicated optical character recognition tools.
The tool is intuitive to use and makes extracting text from your images, scanned paper documents, PDFs, or even videos easy. No training or special skills required, fits perfectly home and business mac users. Easily accessible from the menu bar whenever you need it and has a simple user interface.
If you ever have used a built-in mac's screen capture application before, then it wouldn't be any trouble to work with TextSniper too. Select with a mouse any part of an image, photo, PDF document, or anything on your screen, and the app will process and recognize any text within this selection. The text output will be saved into a clipboard, so you could paste it into your favorite macOS text editing or note-taking software.
Finally, the app's optical character recognition engine doesn't need an internet connection to process documents. Great OCR solution for those who are concerned about privacy. The application does not collect any users' data.
• Convert different image formats to text (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc...).
• Pull text from a non-searchable PDF file without a need to process the whole document.
• Read text from images, PDF documents, photos, Zoom meetings, or any other sources.
• Copy text even when it is uncopiable like in ebooks or web articles.
• Quickly extract emails, links, phone numbers, etc.
• Grab text or turn it into speech in video games.
• Read QR or barcodes.
• Quickly generate alt text from the screenshot for tweets.
• On-device OCR technology. No internet connection is needed.
• Instant text recognition. No need to upload files into the application. OCR document or file on the fly.
• High accuracy and performance processing any documents.
• Recognizes even tiny text on images with low quality or dense background.
• Customizable. Custom keyboard shortcuts to extract text with various options.
• You can have TextSniper speak the recognized text whenever you need it.
• Supports optical character recognition in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• Running macOS Catalina: English language only supported.
• Use your iPad or iPhone device camera to quickly capture text from a photo or scanned document.
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple's M1 chips.
• Full macOS Ventura support.
• New recognition languages: Japanese, Korean, Ukrainian, Russian (macOS Ventura required)
• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the need to click twice the TextSniper icon in the menu bar.
• Other minor fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
We’ve all come across text we wanted to copy but couldn’t—in a photo, screenshot, PDF, video, online presentation, or app. With TextSniper, if you can see text on the screen, you can copy it to the Clipboard using a simple screenshot-style tool.
Pays for itself in terms of time saved
if you've ever felt the pain of having to transcribe text from a .pdf that wasn't created in text format, then this app is for you. just buy it, you will not regret it (even though the price seems a little high imo). In the few weeks I've had the app, the developer added the ability to have the text paste without paragrapgh breaks. That feature alone makes this app superior to other non-Acrobat alternatives out there.
Just wish they would add an ability to tweak the shape of the screen snip before it copies the text. p.s. you are welcome for the idea Valerijis! ;)
Oh, how I needed this…
Anybody hesitating at the price needs think of the time saved and stress reduced by this software. I was willing to pay for TextSniper just to end my frustration with one inexplicably locked PDF per week. But I quickly found myself using it for so much more. Why is this just a screenshot instead of the actual document? Why does selecting the last character of needed text grab the whole site? Why is this page just a low-res jpeg? Why is this OCR so inaccurate? TextSniper handles all of that and more. It's perhaps the best $10 I've ever spent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valerijs Boguckis
- 1.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Valerijs Boguckis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.