Official Mobile Guide to Alaska's Best Places
Powered by Alaska.org, The Alaska App is your ultimate interactive Alaskan discovery guide -- whether you’re planning your first trip to Alaska or live here!
Plan Your Trip
• Expert Advice: When is the best time to visit Alaska? What are the must sees? How many days do you need for your trip? What do you do if you encounter a bear or moose, and much more!
• Guides: The best Alaskan hotels, cruises, tours, attractions, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife
• Trip Planning Help: Request free itinerary recommendations from local Alaska experts
Like a Local
• Hidden Gems: The best glaciers, mountains, parks, trails, scenic viewpoints, ghost towns, and wildlife-viewing spots only locals know about
• Outdoor Recreation: A comprehensive list of Alaska’s public use cabins, RV parks, campgrounds, and trails
• Dining: Best restaurants, pubs, breweries, and coffee shops
• Local Knowledge: Listen to bush pilots, park rangers, and wilderness guides tell you about their favorite places in our audio guides
• Videos: 100+ videos, produced by us, showcasing Alaska’s top destinations and tours
App store reviewers call The Alaska App one of the best travel apps:
• "All travel apps should use the Alaska app as a model..."
• "I've lived here my whole life. This app has taught me things I never knew."
• "Nowhere else have I found an app with this much useful, intuitive, and accurate info..."
Download this free app today!
• Aurora forecasts
• Weather forecasts
• Sunrise and sunset times
• Webcams so you can see conditions in real time
• "Browse by Area" menu item to search for things to do in each town
• Bug fixes
• Email email@example.com if you need assistance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was disappointed a few months back when all the weather data was stripped from the app. I wrote the developer and after several exchanges, a promise was made to reinstate those features.
This latest update has done that. Weather, sunrise/sunset times, aurora forecast and web cams are back!
There’s more that can be added and I’m holding off on a five-star hoping that other features are coming.
GREAT informational app!
Loved loved loved this app. We traveled around the Kenai Peninsula and up to Denali and always found great stuff using this app. It has all sorts of great recommendations and we learned a lot about Alaska. Also great for my kids to listen and learn about flaura, fauna, history and sites we were visiting. Highly recommend to anyone traveling (or living) in Alaska. Wish there were more travel apps that were as good as this one!
This app is a hidden gem
I used this app for driving from Seward to Anchoarage and then to Denali. A gold mine of info! It told me things to see and do and had interesting stories about the places along the way. I wish I knew about this app before I came to Alaska. There's a travel guide on the home screen with great tips for when to come, where to go, what to do, etc. Thanks for all the hard work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alaska Channel, Inc.
- 36.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021, Alaska.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.