You direct two brothers who long guarded the secret to Victor Frankenstein’s resurrection technology... until the end of the Napoleonic Wars.
A compelling and powerful story where you will meet and interact with great historical characters such as Napoleon Buonaparte, Ada Lovelace… and more!
It is a raw, epic, bloody, story-driven blockbuster. You direct both Tom and Anton Clerval, through a branching, non-linear storyline set on the revolutionary France with a backdrop of hellish war with the soul of humanity at stake -and you decide if the brothers become allies, or enemies.
- Explore 8 interactive maps to reach your objectives.
- You direct both Tom and Anton Clerval through a branching, non-linear storyline - and you decide if the brothers become allies, or enemies.
- Pit yourself against ever-shifting goals.
- Time is of the essence! Storylines and goals may be time-sensitive - the longer you take, the better prepared your opponents will be.
- Weather affects the game, not just for aesthetics but for the story (you know weather has changed the history in surprising ways).
- Direct whole battalions in narrated strategic battles.
- Includes dozens of original illustrations by Rafater.
- Immersive soundtrack with classical flavor (Cubus Games house brand).
Tom and Anton Clerval have long guarded the secret to Victor Frankenstein's resurrection technology. In revolutionary France, in 1827, that secret at last comes to light. The radical Zeroiste movement creates an army of the reanimated dead to seize control of the country, and then to cross the Channel to strike at the heart of the British Empire. Only Tom and Anton have the power to halt the Zeroistes - or to stoke the flames of all-out war. Decide the fate of the world in this enhanced interactive adventure in the same vein as classic gamebook series.
The app is available for all iOS devices (iOS 8.0 or higher), including 6th generation iPods. Undesired performance may occur in older devices (5th generation and below).
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth the first run through. Enough so that I don’t really feel the need to try it again, as it was quite satisfying. Maybe the pimpernel will make it next time...
Decent story constrained by top level design choices
I enjoyed this game - overall, the writing was solid, the art was lovely, and I got a general sense that my choices mattered, and it provided several hours of solid entertainment.
That said, there were some issues. Many of the scenes in the game are set to a timer which, while largely artificial, adds an unnecessary stress to a text adventure game where I want to be able to read – and choose – at my own pace.
Secondly, all of the chapters in the game are linked to placement on maps. The maps are well drawn, but with the exception of an early mansion exploration and some dungeon exploration later in the game, they don't add to the experience. In fact, in one chapter, the game becomes less about the choices you make, and more about how you can effectively navigate the map. I had to restart that section so many times, I almost gave up.
Frankenstein wars redeemed itself in the end with some tense, tight writing, even if I felt like the central relationship between the three main characters was ultimately a little thin. Kate never get enough screen time with Tom and Anton for her final choice to have the emotional impact I think the writer was going for.
I have to add that it's a little short... still, solid game and worth your money.
Deep, compelling story
Fun game, felt like I was a big player to the story and how things went. It was intense.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cubus Games S.L.
- 116.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © CUBUS GAMES
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.