[This game features English language only! Translations to follow.]
The Letter is an interactive, horror/drama visual novel inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game puts the players into the shoes of seven characters as they find themselves falling prey to a vicious curse plaguing the Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
In this game, your choices will shape and drive the story forward: will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving them, despite the consequences, or leave them to die a gruesome death? The fate of all the characters is in your hands.
* Non-chronological storytelling with seven chapters. Expect a lot of reading!
* Romance, friendship and drama; apart from horror, this game puts heavy emphasis on relationships and character development.
* Seven playable characters with varying personality and approach to difficult situations.
* Countless butterfly effects; your choices heavily affect the story.
* Full English Voice Acting.
* Animated backgrounds, CGs and sprites.
* Beautifully painted art style.
* Original soundtrack, with opening, ending and true ending theme songs.
* Quick-Time Events.
* Chapter one completely free, no ads whatsoever!
* General Improvements in Performance.
* NEW News System.
* Beta Localization for Russian.
* New support for Low Resolution Textures for lower end devices
* Various Bug fixes.
* Added new compatibility support for iPhone X/XS/XSMax/XR
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
After the playing the free prologue, I immediately decided to buy it based on the story it offered. The art is beautiful and the voice acting is great. I love how much you come to learn about each of the characters and how they each have something they are dealing with in their personal lives. This really helps one to connect with each of them.
Although the story was intriguing, it did tend to drag out and become frustratingly boring and repetitive on many occasions. There were also times in which the the audio for the characters was missing. The ending left a lot of questions unanswered, so based on the player this could be a negative as it leaves you frustrated and yearning for more information after playing through multiple chapters, or a positive as it leaves it open for you to fill in the blanks and make theories based on what you were able to collect.
Overall I believe this is a great game that is worth playing. There was a lot of work put into it, and it really shows through the story, artwork, voice actors, and the little hidden treasures they have to offer.
So the game is amazing! The story and the voices are wonderful.
I am still bummed out that there is no branching tree on the iOS version. I mean this game is so complex and I always feel like I’m missing something.
Also the epilogue is a bit anticlimactic, especially after that amazing dynamic of storylines and sometimes I just wanted more to Isabella’s route since it seemed so short. Maybe someday in the future there might be more detail to things going on in the background. For example, during Luke’s route, it feels like all the other characters aren’t even there with him in the house at the end. They don’t have any dialogue and kind of slipped into background noise. I would like totally pay more money for more chapters of what’s going on with all the characters throughout the entirety of the story just because everything is so wonderful to read and I think everyone has characters they prefer.
Just a little side suggestion from an avid fan.
Please keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! We'll add in branching tree as soon as it's ready!
A lovely visual novel.
This game is absolutely amazing. From the wonderfully made art to the in-depth story, I love this visual novel so much! There are many endings and the choices really do change a lot of aspects of the story. If you are like me, you will be wanting to get multiple endings and so a very useful feature is the skip button. It will skip over text that has already been read and it stops as soon as unread text appears so you don’t have to reread the entire thing, and can appreciate the new parts. Of course like most games and visual novels, you will have to pay for all chapters except the very first but it is VERY worth buying. The voice acting is well done. Also, there isn’t much gameplay other than occasional QTEs but it is a visual novel, so if you are really expecting some intense gameplay from a visual novel I don’t know how to help you bud. Anyway, I’ve really enjoyed this game and I’m looking forward to future projects!
- MAMA MORIN LLC.
- 282.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017 Yangyang Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- All Chapters Sale - The Letter $10.99
- All Chapters - The Letter $13.99
- Chapter 2 - The Letter $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.