Founded in 1997 by Julian Baggini and Jeremy Stangroom, TPM: The Philosophers’ Magazine is an independent quarterly, devoted to presenting top-class philosophy in an accessible and entertaining format. It regularly includes interviews with leading philosophers as diverse as Simon Blackburn, Daniel Dennett, Michael Dummett, Luce Irigaray, Hilary Putnam, T.M. Scanlon, John Searle, Peter Singer and Slavoj Žižek. The magazine also includes news, essays, reviews, features and regular columnists. TPM is edited by the philosopher and writer, James Garvey.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 12.4 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- The Philosophers' Magazine $6.99
- The Philosophers' Magazine $23.99