Exactly brings magazines and newspapers to the iPad and iPhone in their original full-colour format. Each page is delivered just as it appeared in the print edition, but with live links to web sites, phone numbers and more. Access free content from over 80 titles, or use your Exact Editions subscription to read the latest issues on the day they're published.
● Swipe pages left and right, or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
● Switch between single or double-page layout.
● Pinch or double tap pages to zoom.
● Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
● Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
● Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
● Bookmark individual pages or lists of search results.
● Share pages via Facebook, Twitter or other services.
● Tap the star icon to sync for offline reading.
● Network connection required otherwise.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Need some improvements
Is app is ok, really it depends on the magazine you are trying to read. Flip book navigation is nice but it really desperately needs two things:
1) offline reading. Currently magazines can only be read while connected, there should at least be an option for caching a few issues for offline use
2) text is scanned, not resolution independant. On the iPad 2 this wasn't too bad and not as noticeable until you zoomed in. On the new iPad it's very obvious and a lot of magazines have parts with quite small type. I compared one version of a magazine issue where I also had a PDF (using rendered not scanned text) and the difference was really remarkable.
Time limited access to issues
Be aware that when you “subscribe” to a magazine through this app, your access is 100% tied to your subscription, which means that if the magazine ceases publication, you lose access to any issues you received through this app’s “subscription”. I honestly have no idea why any magazines use this app instead of competitors that allow users to save a copy of any issue received during their subscription.
Not for the visually disabled
I really wanted to like this app however, there are too many unlabeled buttons and the navigation for the disabled visually is nonexistent as far as I can tell.
I’ll be happy to review the app and give it a much fair rating when it is accessible to all!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2020 Exact Editions Ltd