"The Word Among Us" is the largest daily devotional for Catholics (print & digital editions available). Beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone, The Word Among Us app is free to download and offers a 2 week free trial subscription.
THE WORD AMONG US iOS APP INCLUDES
• Mass readings for everyday of the year (The New American Bible).
• Daily meditations based on Mass readings.
• Complete Order of Mass (ICEL).
• Issue articles based on a central theme.
• Special Features including articles on the Saints and personal testimonies.
• Digital Exclusives (additional content not found in the printed edition).
• Single page portrait and beautiful two page book-like landscape viewing on iPad.
Liturgical source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (The New American Bible) & ICEL.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions (monthly or annual) are available via in-app purchase.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions automatically renew. If auto-renew is not turned off, your iTunes account will be charged within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings (Accessible within iTunes or from the “Support” section of our app).
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
Terms of Service: wau.org/termsofservice
ABOUT THE WORD AMONG US
Founded in 1981, "The Word Among Us” is now the largest daily devotional for Catholics.
Includes the daily Scripture readings from Mass with a meditation (based on one of the readings) for every day of the year, the complete Order of the Mass, articles about the Saints, and practical advice on living the Christian life. Printed and digital editions are available.
For more: wau.org/about
Ratings and Reviews
A lifelong Catholic, though I regularly attended Sunday Mass, I had spent little time reading and studying scripture. Started attending daily Mass when my son was deployed for six months to the Middle East four years ago I began each day reading the day’s scripture and summary thoughts before the service. I continued this practice after he safely returned home still finding it a good way to focus as I start my day. He leaves again this spring; I ask you all to remember them as you start your own day.
Update: Thankfully, he and his squadron mates returned safely from this latest deployment. My morning reading of the day’s Mass scriptures and reflections continue to help guide me through the day.
Developer Response ,
We will remember your son in prayer (I'll forward this to our intercessory prayer team). Because of the support of our print and digital subscribers, we are able to offer the digital edition of our magazine free to active duty service men and women (visit wau.org/activeduty for more information). Available for Android as well. Please express our gratitude to your son for his service. God bless!
WAU starts my day!
I started reading the daily Mass readings and meditations as a Lenten practice several years ago. Now the first thing I do after I get up in the morning is take time to continue to do this. It has enriched my prayer life and the readings fill in the blanks between Sunday Mass scripture. The meditations are always appropriate for my life! On the weekends I take time to read the monthly reflections, conversion stories and Saint stories. I love it. I still read the paper print version, but when I forget it or cannot find it,I know I can count on this handy App!
Excellent content. Excellent app!
For us, this is the best way to read The Word Among Us everyday - so much so we cancelled our print subscription. Using the app, I can quickly locate and read the mass readings and corresponding meditation and launch into prayer everyday, from anywhere. It’s great that the app automatically downloads the latest daily readings in the background so that even if I don’t have a data connection at the moment, the readings are always there for me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reviewing our app!
- The Word Among Us, Inc.
- 32.9 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 The Word Among Us
- In-App Purchases
- The Word Among Us (Monthly) $1.99
- The Word Among Us (Annual) $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.