Challenge yourself. Challenge your friends. Discover if you can Think Like Churchill.
This app lets you stand in the shoes of Winston Churchill as he faces some of the most difficult and challenging dilemmas in history. At the end of each scenario, your choice is dissected and analysed to help you understand how to become a better decision maker.
“The story of Winston Churchill’s life shows that one man can make a difference. He wasn’t always right, but his mixture of brains, brawn and guts enabled him to make difficult decisions quickly. This app takes you into his thinking process and helps to reveal the nature of his leadership genius. I have no doubt Churchill would be a man for apps of all kinds.” — Boris Johnson, Mayor of London.
CAN YOU THINK LIKE CHURCHILL?
Each scenario will immerse you in a different pivotal moment in Churchill’s life. Some dilemmas are personal, some are controversial and some helped shape the fate of the world. You will decide:
• Should Britain fight or negotiate with Germany?
• Should you press ahead with the Dardanelles campaign at Gallipoli?
• Should you order the sinking of the French naval fleet?
• Should you risk death and recapture to escape from prison?
• Should you learn to fly?
Throughout the app you will have access to Churchill’s own thoughts and writings, the advice of friends and colleagues, as well as rare archive material, including intelligence reports, private letters, telegraphs and briefing documents. Once you have made your decision, discover how closely it matches Churchill’s.
“Churchill loved new technology and thought innovation led to change. This app is a way of reaching today’s new decision-makers, whether gamers, leaders or entrepreneurs, and giving them a masterclass in Churchillian thinking as well as an appreciation of his legacy.” — Randolph Churchill
• Told in the style of a beautifully animated, thrilling graphic novel.
• 6 decisions to explore (with more to come) from different parts of Churchill’s life.
• Expert psychological analysis to help you learn how to make better decisions.
• Narrated by Boris Johnson.
• Historically accurate stories.
• Featuring over 80 original documents from the Churchill archive, including secret intelligence, personal letters, telegraphs and unique photographs.
If you enjoy this app please consider leaving a review. It really helps!
Support for the latest devices
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic game - from an educator
As an educator and curriculum designer, it’s rare that I find a resource that I am so impressed with. Think Like Churchill is actually amazing. In fact I would love to see more of these types of mixed media history experiences get made. This app makes use of graphic novel elements, sound and visual design, primary source documents, and interactive game design. It’s a fantastic literacy experience for the player and a great way to explore POV and qualities of character. By asking the player to “think like Churchill” the player must get into the mind of the character and determine what that character, based on what the player has learned about him, is likely to have done when confronted with that choice. Even better, the game asks the player to justify his/her choice by selecting a reason for that choice. The game then compares the reasoning of the player with the reasoning of Churchill to see if you actually can “Think Like Churchill.”
Please let us know if you plan to make more of these- they would be great teaching tools in both English and History classrooms!
Anastasia Betts, M.Ed.
A must App for any history lover
It's one thing to know the rote facts, but it’s a completely different thing to unzip yourself from your own mind and roam around in the mind of one of history's most brilliant and colorful figures. The app is entertaining, educational and enlightening. More than the it nails the historical aspects. Very well researched. I only wish they had used Churchill's own speeches and audio recordings, but there's probably a scrum over the legal rights. This app should have been called WWCD (What Would Churchill Do). I recently (2018) went back a revisited this app and it is still amazing.
My kids loved this app!!!
I homeschool and my kids absolutely loved this app. They were completely engaged. Please make more of these type of educational decision making history games.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Red Green & Blue Co Ltd
- 854.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2021 RGB Co. Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.