Your favorite THIRTEEN and PBS programs like Masterpiece, Nature and Frontline - streamed right to your iPhone and iPad!
THIRTEEN Explore includes:
* Full episodes from programs such as Masterpiece, American Masters, PBS NewsHour, Great Performances, Nature, NOVA, Antiques Roadshow and Frontline
* Ticket and DVD giveaways
* New York-centric shows like NYC-ARTS, MetroFocus, Treasures of New York and NJTV News
* TV schedules for all of the THIRTEEN family of stations: WNET, WLIW, NJTV, Kids Thirteen, World, Create and V-Me (iPad only)
With the ability to:
* Stream via Apple TV and Chromecast to your TV
* Save future shows to your calendar (iPad only)
* Share shows using Facebook and Twitter
* Favorite series and episodes
Livestream the broadcast channel!
Browse popular programs by season!
Many bug fixes and improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
Still has bugs
It seems that the bugs that have plagued this app in the last few years are still a problem, especially the fact that the app does not bookmark one’s spot when one leaves the program. If I simply pause the program to return to it in 5 or 10 minutes, the entire app freezes and I have to reboot it. Shame on Thirteen for not getting its act together.
Great to have access to quality programming.
I'm glad that PBS is making it easier to stream their excellent content. I'm proud to support them as a Passport member. The app does sometimes freeze on the ads or fail to open the selected video. The video player is just the built-in Apple player so it doesn't have features like remembering your position, or the "rewind 10 seconds" button.
Most annoying for me, though, is that it doesn't list the episodes in order, or keep track of what you've watched already. So if you're returning to a multi-episode show, you have to remember what you've seen and hunt around for the right episode.
Passport module problematic
The basic application provides limited functions without difficulty. The problems abound for those who attempt to use the "Passport" functions following membership. Thirteen's tech support is limited to compound the issue. One would think that Thirteen would have their act together to provide flawless access as a member who attempts to use the Passport function to access premium program. Unfortunately that is not the case. Thirteen has created a paywall that is difficult for even members to navigate. The lack of adequate Techsupport makes the process just a frustrating experience. Bottom line join another station instead in the PBS network and hope for a better experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 WNET Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.