Your favorite THIRTEEN and PBS programs like Masterpiece, Nature and Frontline - streamed right to your iPhone and iPad!
THIRTEEN Explore includes:
* Full episodes from programs such as Masterpiece, American Masters, PBS NewsHour, Great Performances, Nature, NOVA, Antiques Roadshow and Frontline
* Ticket and DVD giveaways
* New York-centric shows like NYC-ARTS, MetroFocus, Treasures of New York and NJTV News
* TV schedules for all of the THIRTEEN family of stations: WNET, WLIW, NJTV, Kids Thirteen, World, Create and V-Me (iPad only)
With the ability to:
* Stream via Apple TV and Chromecast to your TV
* Save future shows to your calendar (iPad only)
* Share shows using Facebook and Twitter
* Favorite series and episodes
Existing members can now login using "Sign in with Apple"
Security enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lost Without Thirteen
Thirteen’s productions are totally engrossing programs. The series are so enjoyable, I find myself thinking about the plots and characters the next day. Sunday is my favorite night which it used not to be as the next day is work. Monday nights too can be exciting watching taped Masterpieces I didn’t get to see on Sunday.
Passport offers me entertainment at all times at my pace. It also affords “catch up” with missed episodes.
Great to have access to quality programming.
I'm glad that PBS is making it easier to stream their excellent content. I'm proud to support them as a Passport member. The app does sometimes freeze on the ads or fail to open the selected video. The video player is just the built-in Apple player so it doesn't have features like remembering your position, or the "rewind 10 seconds" button.
Most annoying for me, though, is that it doesn't list the episodes in order, or keep track of what you've watched already. So if you're returning to a multi-episode show, you have to remember what you've seen and hunt around for the right episode.
Passport module problematic
The basic application provides limited functions without difficulty. The problems abound for those who attempt to use the "Passport" functions following membership. Thirteen's tech support is limited to compound the issue. One would think that Thirteen would have their act together to provide flawless access as a member who attempts to use the Passport function to access premium program. Unfortunately that is not the case. Thirteen has created a paywall that is difficult for even members to navigate. The lack of adequate Techsupport makes the process just a frustrating experience. Bottom line join another station instead in the PBS network and hope for a better experience.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.2 or later.
English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 WNET
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.