TicTacToe by UNAR Labs, is a free and fully accessible board game that is inclusively designed to support both sighted and visually-impaired users.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables visually-impaired users to feel the grid dividers (i.e., the lines that divide each grid from its adjacent grid) through vibration, while also providing speech output for vocalizing any actions performed on the screen or for accessing the game menus. Users can customize the vibration and audio settings based on their preference.
Players can challenge the computer in “Single-player” mode, where they can choose from three-levels of game difficulty based on their preference. Users can also play with their friends using either one device in “Two-player” mode or using two devices by inviting them via the “Play online” mode. Users can also challenge anyone from around the world using the “Quick Match” mode.
The app harnesses the power of Midlina - an AI-based platform, which is the core product of UNAR Labs. Midlina enables multimodal access to otherwise visual information on digital media and makes it accessible to users with visual impairments. As our research progresses, Midlina will constantly evolve, and we will be adding more features to this app. We will also be releasing new applications powered by Midlina, for enabling equal access in education, for navigation, to enhance productivity, and for fun.
To learn about our other products visit http://unarlabs.com .
UNAR Labs is a startup with a vision to create accessible digital information without sensory bounds. Our mission is to empower visually-impaired people by providing equal information access to all types of digital media using smartphones and tablets. While we have passion, we have limited resources to make our vision come true. If you like our products and believe in our vision, you can help us in three ways:
1) Join us in our journey. Use this form (https://goo.gl/forms/Y7KLLpGpzfokIsdK2) to give us suggestions about our products and tell us more about what inaccessible information you would most like to access. Your input is critical and this feedback helps guide our future development projects.
2) Tell your family, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances about your experience with our products and encourage them to try them out!
3) Invest $ in us, so we can continue to create more awesome products and close the information access gap between sighted and visually-impaired users.
Questions, feedback, or feature requests, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed crash when trying to launch an online game
- raised difficulty of hard level a little bit
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for both visual and non visual users
True to the words - bridging information gap between sighed and non visual people - this app allows me to play with all my friends (despite the fact that some can’t see things). Really a solid technology. Kudos to the team.
Michael from Ohio
still having troubles, with playing online games, with other players. Keep getting kicked off when clicking on open invitations. The difficulty for playing the computer, even when setting is on hard, it is ridiculously easy. The computer offers no challenge. not completely happy, with new version.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- UNAR labs, LLC
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © UNAR Labs, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.