***Play Advances Language (PAL) Award Winning App*** (enhanced by Tiggly Math)
Calling all future mathematicians and storytellers! Count, drag, match, and enjoy as the seemingly simple buttons you create come alive becoming part of a wildly imaginative cornucopia of storytelling. Ordinary pieces of cardboard shuffle into a variety of positions, each time becoming something new and unexpected. One bluefish with a fancy bow tie, two peanuts for a hungry elephant, three candles for a cow’s birthday cake, four gumballs for a bubble blowing frog, and five silly bananas on a camel’s back! These are just some of the stories you will help bring to life as the buttons you create set the stage for a journey through counting and the depths of your imagination!
Tiggly Cardtoons will help you learn basic math ideas such as one-to-one matching, counting, and equal sets while stretching your imagination and sense of wonderment. These creative learning math stories are recommended for ages 3 and up.
- 25 imaginative stories focused on numbers
- Unique illustrations with textures taken from the real world
- Guided counting gestures important for developing counting skills
- Lots of free play surprises. Don’t forget to explore!
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- Your child will create buttons by tapping and dragging them to targets, and listen to the narrator count as they interact with them
- The buttons will transform into a variety of unexpected objects including 1 tiny flower, 2 giant peanuts, 3 brave little mice, 4 leaves for a hungry herbivore to eat, or 5 yellow fish playing hide and seek with a submarine.
- And, that’s only the beginning of the story! Tiggly Cardtoons will help your child concretize abstract math in the context of familiar yet surprising events.
FLEXIBLE THINKING AND CREATIVITY
- Ever wonder what you could make with two pieces of cardboard? How about if we add a third piece? A forth one? A fifth one? Creativity is about constant experimentation, surprises, and imagining things in many different ways. We invite your child to imagine what a piece of cardboard could transform into -- and in so doing, encourage them to imagine all the possibilities that abound in their everyday lives.
ABOUT TIGGLY MATH (sold separately)
>> Kids love Tiggly Cardtoons as a standalone learning app, but better yet enhance your child’s learning with Tiggly Math physical toys (sold separately).
- Tiggly Math are five colorful counting toys, safe for your tablet and your child, that physically interact with three parent- and educator-approved Tiggly learning apps for the iPad – including Tiggly Chef, Tiggly Addventure, and Tiggly Cardtoons.
- Inspired by the classic Cuisenaire rods used in Montessori classrooms, Tiggly Math is a revolutionary math learning toy for kids in the digital age
- Tillywig Brain Child 2014 Award Winning Toy
- Lightweight and easily grasped in small hands, Tiggly Math toys help young learners understand the relationships between numbers both concretely and spatially.
The Tiggly team is made up of PhDs, MBAs, parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts who want to help parents introduce their children to the digital world in an easy yet educational way. Our educator-designed tablet toys interact with our learning apps because we believe there is a powerful learning opportunity in the combination of physical and digital play. Children explore mathematic concepts and numerical relations by manipulating physical number blocks while playing in wonderful digital worlds that stretch their imagination, and spark their creativity. Our team collaborates with Grammy and Emmy-award winning creative talent to craft products that parents and children both love. Tiggly products are available in 20+ countries and in more than 300 Apple Store locations across four continents, in addition to specialty retailers worldwide.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Arabic numbers
- Teachley Integration
- Various fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely love these apps.
At a loss for words!
This app is pretty amazing! The stories are so beautiful and engaging. There's also that added element that you never know which story you're going to get at any given time. It's awesome! I wish there were more numbers as my 4 year old niece has already learned her numbers to 20, but she still enjoys this app nonetheless and I find her coming back to it again and again. I think that that speaks volumes as to how much attention this app COMMANDS. Much thanks and appreciation to your Tiggly team!!! :)
Learning can be fun when done right
I wish i had apps like this when i was small, for me learning was always presented like a mandatory chore task in school. At least my kids can have it better now :)
And the other reviewers which say one can’t play with just the fingers anymore are wrong.
One can still play with just the fingers if one doesn’t have the toys, one just has to watch a video once then which explains how it’s better with the toys.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- kidtellect Inc.
- 183.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Kidtellect Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.