This is a math learning app, which will help your child learn addition, and represent addition problems with drawings, verbal explanation, and math equations - while helping Chef prepare his signature Spicy Hula Monkey Cake, and over 40 other outrageous dishes.
***Tillywig Brain Child 2014 Award Winning App***
Tiggly Town’s greatest, most mustachioed Chef tells you what he needs to prepare his preposterously silly recipes, and you help by adding the exact number of ingredients Chef asks for to get the recipe right. You can even suggest your own recipes to Chef. While ingredients are added, mathematics symbols appear on screen explaining your actions, helping you naturally learn numbers and early addition concepts; surely Chef will encourage you to follow instructions and think flexibly! Tiggly Chef is a math learning game recommended for ages 3 and up.
- 3 kitchens, each with 15 unique ingredients (kiwi, lemon slices, and more)
- 45 surprising dishes with hilarious names like Blushing Radish Hootenanny
- Each kitchen challenges you at a higher level of difficulty
- Create your own kooky culinary concoctions
- Critique Chef’s dishes and save your voice in the recipe book
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- Early addition
- Represent addition problems with drawings, verbal explanation, and math equations
- Composing numbers less than or equal to 10 in more than one way
- Understand the meaning of plus, “+“, and equal signs “=”
CONNECTING INTUITIVE TO FORMAL MATH
Every child has an intuitive conception of the addition operation. In fact, children often practice addition in their everyday play, when they eat, or when they help in the kitchen. Tiggly Chef aims to help children synthesize their “spontaneous concepts” (everyday math) with “scientific concepts” (the organized, formal mathematics that schools try to teach).
- Tiggly Chef mathematizes your child’s actions in the kitchen and introduces them to math symbols such as numerals, +, and = signs in a meaningful and playful way
- Tiggly Chef is designed to challenge not bore; be playful not mindless; generate meaningful learning rather than rote memorization
- Tiggly Chef encourages your child to think flexibly about numbers and arrive at the answer in many different ways. e.g. To add 5 strawberries to the bowl, you can add 1 and 4; 4 and 1; 2 and 3; 3 and 2; five 1s; or two 1s and 3. Can you think of any other way?
DESIGNING MATH PROBLEMS
- Your child can come up with their own instructions and math problems by designing custom recipes. They decide what ingredients they would like to add and how many of each ingredient is needed.
ABOUT TIGGLY MATH
This app is compatible with Tiggly Math Smart Toys. Your Tiggly toys can be used like real counting rods inspired by classic Cuisenaire rods used in Montessori classrooms – use the toys to take away extra ingredients and learn math in a more tactile way. The app is optimized to work with Tiggly toys but also offers a fun learning experience without the toys.
The Tiggly team is made up of PhDs, MBAs, parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts who want to help parents introduce their children to the digital world in an easy yet educational way. Our educator-designed tablet toys interact with our learning apps because we believe there is a powerful learning opportunity in the combination of physical and digital play. Children explore mathematical concepts and numerical relations by manipulating physical number blocks while playing in wonderful digital worlds that stretch their imagination and spark their creativity. Our team collaborates with Grammy and Emmy-award winning creative talent to craft products that parents and children both love. Tiggly products are available in 20+ countries and in more than 300 Apple Store locations across four continents, in addition to specialty retailers worldwide.
Changes in Teachley Integration UI
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Over all its great
Though The app is great and all the kids love it , it crashes a lot and they are always asking me miss help what happened to my game? So i wish the creator could fix that but, other than that the kid enjoy the game and its a fun way to learn!
It’s fun but crash
It’s really fun but it crashes all the time I wish the creator would fix this problem
Don’t touch the microphone it causes the app to crash
This is a cute app. I haven’t figured out the logic for addition learning that is consistent but the kids enjoy it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.