Timelines Time Tracking 4+
Personal & Work Hours Tracker
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Timelines is easy-to-use, flexible yet powerful time tracking app. Record what you're doing and get insights into your time with interactive timeline and charts. Understand trends, stay motivated to reach your time-based goals, and make the most out of your time!
I personally wasn't happy with the way I was spending my time, so I decided to build a tool to help myself and others figure out a way to become more efficient. Timelines has been enabling me and other users to understand where our time is actually going, helping us improve our routines and achieve more in our lives. I sincerely believe it can do the same for you.
– Lukas Petr, independent developer of Timelines
Timelines has been featured by Apple, and reviewed on 9To5Mac, MacStories, WatchAware, and AppAdvice.
▶ QUICK DATA ENTRY
- track any category you want
- control timers with just 1 tap
- grid mode of timers
- track from lock screen with the today widget
- easily edit past events
▶ POWERFUL VISUALIZATIONS
- see your time on an interactive timeline
- playful statistics mode with pie chart
- trends over time using bar chart
- subcategories - breakdown of your events
- quickly filter categories
▶ SYNC BETWEEN DEVICES
- have an always up-to-date backup of your data with Timelines Cloud
- sync between your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, in real-time
- sign in using your email address or your Apple ID
- define daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- see your progress and stay on track
- periodic reports with rich notifications
- get rewarded for reaching a goal with confetti
- build workflows with Siri Shortcuts
- use Siri to start and stop timers
- import workouts, sleep, and meditation from Apple Health
▶ AND MORE
- detailed PDF and CSV exports
- timely and customizable reminders
- archive unused categories
- lots of possible customizations
▶ APPLE WATCH APP
- watch face complication for quick access
- haptic feedback on start and stop of timers
- set event names using dictation or choose from recent
- adjust start and end times using the digital crown
- see active timer’s duration and category on watch face
- real-time sync with iPhone and iPad using Timelines Cloud
- see list of past past entries and edit them easily
- daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly statistics
▶ WHAT IS FREE?
- track up to 3 categories
- basic exporting
- pie chart
- see events on a timeline
- events log
▶ TIMELINES PRO
- sync between devices
- unlimited categories
- bar chart
- detailed exports
- import from Apple Health
- support development
Start taking control of your time today. It only takes a few days of tracking to start uncovering ways to maximize your time and productivity.
I love working on Timelines, and a big part of my vision is to listen closely to users and incorporate their feedback. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to me at
– Lukas Petr, author of Timelines
• You can now navigate more easily in statistics between various intervals and zoom modes using new controls.
• Fixed: Rare crash that occurred when editing events in the Events Log.
• Fixed: App Intent for exporting to a file now allows filtering of timelines.
• Fixed: Apple Watch app sometimes not recognizing that you are already subscribed.
Ratings and Reviews
Time is like money: we never have enough, and we often can’t remember how we spent it. Timelines is razor-sharp instrument in our time-management toolkit, letting us categorize and visualize where the hours in our hectic days are going. We love it for everything from tracking billable time on projects to making sure we’re setting aside chunks of our week to relax with loved ones.
I'm finally on time!
This app has helped me stay on time more than any other method I've tried. I am chronically optimistic with how long anything should take; however, I can now see how long routine tasks always take, so I can plan much better in the present for how long future tasks will most likely take.
I love the visuals and the Apple Watch support! Keep up the great work! 👍
Update (1.4.1): This new update continues to improve on an already great app. I'm really enjoying the quick naming and time adjusting features on the Apple Watch. The developer listens to feedback and responds promptly to email.
Update (1.5): I'm enjoying the extra detail I can glean from how I spent my time with the new addition of event statistics. Every update brings meaningful updates that are extremely useful!
Update (1.6) I still use this app 24 hours a day to track my time. The addition in this update of being able long press on a Timeline to add an event is super useful for those times where I forget to track an event. Excellent update! 👏
Excellent App keeps improving; attentive developer
TL;DR: Having used the majority of “life tracking” apps, Timelines stands high above the rest due to polish, constant improvement, great developer communication.
For those who know me, this should be praise enough, but here are some specifics:
- REGULARLY UPDATES APP
- maintain compatibility with current
- constantly adding features and fixing inevitable bugs
- excellent documentation and support
- primary (only?) developer extremely responsive to queries.
SPECIFICS (I like):
- Integration with Shortcuts and plays well with other apps.
- Ability to set time goals or limits for specific Timelines
- Very easy to start using and/or restart.
- csv compatibility
- multiple ways to visualize data
I bought it early-ish: just before the developer went to subscription model, but I’m happy to support the subscription model as long as I see regular improvements.
This app doesn’t have everything I want. The only app that will have everything I want will be the app I write myself. But with regular communication with developer and patience, I have seen numerous, incredibly useful features added that aren’t available elsewhere.
Thank you and keep it up!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lukas Petr
- 62.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Glimsoft
- In-App Purchases
- Timelines PRO Monthly $3.99
- Timelines PRO Yearly $19.99
- Timelines PRO Legacy Yearly $9.99