From mind to design in minutes
The easiest way to get started learning and making 3D designs. Take your ideas and make them real. View designs in AR. Tinkercad is safe for designers of all ages.
Tinkercad is a free app that equips the next generation of designers and engineers with the foundational skills for innovation: 3D design, electronics, and coding.
• FREE FOR EVERYONE: No strings attached. Start creating from the first click.
• LEARN BY DOING: Build confidence, persistence, and problem-solving skills.
• SAFE FOR ALL AGES: Ad-free. kidSAFE certified. Privacy first.
• Easily build 3D with controls optimized for your device.
• Connect, code, and simulate circuit components with Arduino and micro:bit microcontrollers.
• Make 3D designs from code using Tinkercad Codeblocks.
• Bring your designs into the real world with the Tinkercad AR viewer.
• Import STL, OBJ and SVG files into the 3D design space to build on an existing design.
• Export your files including STL, OBJ, USDZ, and SVG or send them to other programs.
• All you need is a device and an internet connection.
• Apple Pencil compatible.
• Tinkercad Classrooms allows teachers to assign Activities, send and receive assignments, invite co-teachers, and monitor student progress—all from your dashboard.
• Tinkercad Lesson Plans and starters available for students to get started with 3D CAD design, electronics simulation, and block-based programming.
• Compatible with Google Classroom.
Tinkercad is a free product from Autodesk, a leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. Tomorrow's innovators start here.
Children’s Privacy Statement: https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/privacy-statement/childrens-privacy-statement
• Added ability to create and edit Circuit designs.
• Improved touch support in the Circuit editor.
• Added workflow to join a Tinkercad Class inside the app when following a Class link.
• Following Tinkercad collaboration links on the iPad will open the link in the app instead of the browser.
• Logged in users may find, edit, and/or delete their profile in app.
• Updated App Store for privacy labels.
Ratings and Reviews
There’s a Blazing Problem
The software is highly useful don’t get me wrong, but “Remember Me” in the accounts only works for like a month until I get logged out, and I’m getting tired of trying to remember my password.
I know it’s there to keep people from accessing the account while it’s logged in, but it should be able to be permanently on unless it is disabled by the user, then he shall log back in every time he opens the app.
Buggy and not as good as the web interface
First off, I really appreciate that Tinkercad is free. I used to use the web version to design all my simpler stuff because I was too lazy to learn Fusion 360 or Onshape well. It’s pretty amazing what you can do with a simple little CAD. However, the iPad app is not nearly as good as the web interface. I honestly could live with the clunky interface if it weren’t for the major bug I’m seeing when you tap a dimension and enter it with the keyboard. After hitting “OK”, the keyboard takes a long time to disappear and most of the time that same dimension box will come up again and require you to enter the number yet again and hope it works. It was just frustrating and significantly took away from my experience. If I notice that the bug gets fixed I’ll update my review to 5 stars.
Now after getting an iPad Pro, I decided to try out Shapr3D and absolutely loved the user interface. The integration with Apple Pencil is very seamless and intuitive. It’s a powerful CAD tool with a lot of potential but of course it’s not free (subscription service too...)
Good for children and beginners, not advanced modeling
It fulfills everything someone who knows nothing about modeling or someone only needing simple designs would need, however, beyond that it can create more frustrations than necessary if you are wanting to make more advanced models and don’t have a ton of time to make every small detail from small shapes… And if you do make it to the finish line with very detailed models, it can be a pain to transfer to a slicer if you are using the program to 3D print.
Other than that I wish there was a way to search through the collections of shapes without having to go through tabs manually.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 22.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Autodesk Inc.