The TonePrint app is your golden ticket to the glorious world of TC Electronic TonePrints!
With this app in hand you’ve got unlimited access to the farthest corners of your TonePrint effects. You might stumble across your new signature sound while you’re at it – Only one way to find out!
With Bluetooth support added for Plethora X5, use the TonePrint app to deep edit your unique TonePrints to your heart’s delight. Enjoy!
The TonePrint Concept
Welcome to the TonePrint app – home of tone tinkerers and sound hounds alike.
TC Electronic’s ‘TonePrint®’ app lets you use your phone’s speakers to beam TonePrints directly into your guitar pickup to drastically change your TonePrint pedal. Reassign knob functions, tweak parameters, adjust EQ responses – instant inspiration at your fingertips. The app will even work offline if you should happen to be in international waters so you can shred with total impunity.
TonePrint App Main Features
- Beam any TonePrint in seconds
- Bluetooth support for Plethora X5
- Fast. Flexible. Intuitive.
- Completely free of charge – Not based on in-app purchases
- Cached files – No internet access required
- No extra cables required
- Browse TonePrints by pedal or artist
- Collect favorite TonePrints for super-fast access
- Constantly updated with new, amazing TonePrints
Please note that your pedal may require a firmware update to receive TonePrints as beams. Check www.tcelectronic.com/toneprints for details.
New in version 4.5.10
- Various minor (and major) updates and improvements under the hood.
Ratings and Reviews
Complex and has holes, but it works
I love TC Electronic - but they are doing a very poor job supporting their apps. Since loading this app, my flashback mini delays lights blink appropriately when i send a toneprint, and then turn off and don’t come back on until I unplug the pedal - and the toneprint doesn’t change. I just figured out that you have to choose the pedal exactly - if you’ve got a Tc mini flashback, the Tc Mini flashback 2 toneprints DO NOT work - even if they have the same name. The algorithm is diff for the same patch for the diff level of the pedal (probably because of the mash function on the flashback 2). So make sure you use the version of each toneprint that is meant for your pedal. This needs to be fixed.
One other issue - on the TC site, the last firmware update shows as 2011 in one place and 2019 in another, and the 2019 won’t download to my pedals even when hardwired to my Pc. The pages on the app menu when you go for help go to nowhere - it says the locations don’t exist. This is really bad, and something I’ve never experienced with TC. Time to get on your game guys, post-behringer acquisition which seems to be when the problems started.
Good idea overall, but "blank slots" bug...
The app itself is pretty good, though overall it feels unfinished. Like they got all tech-psyched, then lost interest in actually supporting it. Classic blunder.
Minus TWO stars for the following:
Latest rev (Nov 2020, now) has a bug that blanks-out any previously loaded slot on my Flashback 2 when I USB it to my iPad Pro.
Otherwise, the TonePrint app has worked bug-free for my Flashback 2, Hypergravity (both mini & full), and Sentry.
But other reviewers can't be making this stuff up about their crashes. Hmm. No idea.
My biggest complaint: no way to tell which toneprints and are loaded on your stomp. I read on musictribe support from a customer service rep: this is actually a *feature* to somehow "protect" their famous Toneprint supplying endorsers.
You're simply blocked from viewing the settings you load onto your box.
Apparently Behringer/tc care more about their endorsers than you, the paying customer. Unacceptable.
Still beta testing with no manual or customer support
I hate to say anything bad about TC Electronic, because I have nothing but respect for their hardware and think the idea of being able to program your own presets is nothing short of awesome... But, this software falls way short of what I would expect from a company that is in some ways, leaps ahead of the competition as far as innovation goes. So here are my beefs and a few humble suggestions:
1) You should be able to save TonePrints that you create and copy them from one device to another.
I can’t believe they didn’t get this yet, but if you create something on your PC or iPad, there’s no way to copy that TonePrint to your iPhone. If nothing else gets fixed, get this one!
2) On the same line, it would be nice it if you could retrieve the TonePrints from the pedal so you could edit them again or just identify what was in that slot. I’ve already found that I’ll forget what voices are in what slots, once the editor is disconnected.
3) There’s no manual!!! This is maybe my biggest pet peeve. There’s absolutely no frigging manual. To top it off, the customer support at TC Electronic is awful. This could be remedied if they had some good documentation, but right now, there’s nothing.
Technically, there are times when the TonePrint Editor and the pedal don’t sync up when connected by the USB cable, but I’m sure that’s in the manual, somewhere.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TC Electronic A/S
- 166.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 - TC Electronic A/S