Plan, Sync to iPhone, Print/Share
BY backpackers FOR backpackers. Topo Maps+ for Mac can be likened to head quarters for the Topo Maps+ family. Take advantage of the larger screen for planning your backpacking trips then sync your trip details over to your iOS device and head out into the backcountry!
Topo Maps+ is fully functional at its free level allowing you to sync all your waypoints, routes, recorded tracks to your iOS devices, plus you can print maps. For high resolution maps there are both subscription (no auto-renew) access to premium maps & features as well as the ability to purchase individual maps from National Geographic and Canada’s Backroad Mapbooks. Purchases (subscription and individual maps) can be used across all your Apple devices. No hidden or extra fees.
With Topo Maps+ you can:
*Plan your next hike
*Print high quality custom maps
*Sync your routes to your iOS app
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print, email or share maps
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
(low resolution without Pro subscription)
Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps (with or without relief shading) for the USA.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
US NOAA Marine Maps
NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
Partial US Forest Service Maps
PREMIUM MAPS available with Pro subscription
* Custom Maps not constrained to quadrants
* Include your routes, waypoints, elevations and more.
Share your custom maps with your party or leave one behind for loved ones to know where you will be
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
Share custom map images
* Save your routes, trips, and waypoints into categories
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
Always take a hard copy map with you!
Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Free: Sync Data, Trace Routes, Elevation Profiles, Waypoints, Print Maps, Export Data, Import Data, Share Data
Annual or Quarterly Pro Subscription: Access to high resolutions maps, premium maps, and advanced features.
SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT INFORMATION
Topo Maps+ subscriptions will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the you purchase a subscription. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://glacierpeak.app/tos.html
Ratings and Reviews
5 Stars This is the best Hiking App
This is the best hiking app. Easy to use, great tech support, uses very little battery energy. Easy to plan a route or just to check where your at. Very accurate for trails, it uses the path that others have hiked on when there are multiple paths/trails or old trails on maps. I have used this for 2 years in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
Perfect Overlanding Map
Recent updates & availability of the USFS MVUM maps have made this my go to map. Activate the Natural Atlas map along with the USFS MVUM maps and together you have a map that no other application or website can touch. Awesome!
Developer Response ,
Good to hear! Try adding the NeoTreks slope map as an overlay to your Natural Atlas base map in blend mode (multiply), about 30% transparency. Add the hill shading the same way and that really makes your app shine!
I paid the extra for the better Dif version, much improved, worth it! I would have given 5 stars, but it won’t work on my iPad……that’s a big negative….if you can’t tke it with you, then that’s a disadvantage. It’s my fault that I didn’t pay closer attention to what it was rated to work on. 5/11/19 C. UPDATE 5/13/19- Developer contacted me and explained how to use the app on iPad.
Thanks! Now I’ll know where I am when I’m lost……. :)
Developer Response ,
You can definitely use it on your iPad! All your purchases and data will sync as well so please send us an email at email@example.com and we'll get you up and running!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.