Plan, Download, Print/Share, Use Offline!
BY backpackers FOR backpackers. This free app is fully functional with additional premium options for the serious backpacker. Downloaded, high resolution maps are still available for use even after your subscription expires!
Using a power optimized GPS mode, Topo Maps+ saves on battery life for long-lasting offline access to GPS tools deep in the backcountry.
Topo Maps+ offers both subscription access to premium maps & features as well as the ability to purchase individual maps from National Geographic and Canada’s Backroad Mapbooks.
With Topo Maps+ you can:
*Plan your next hike
*Download maps for offline access
*Print high quality custom maps
*Record your track
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print, email or share maps
*View you current location on a topo map even when you are days from the nearest the cell tower.
* Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking even without an internet connection.
Easily download maps so that you can use them offline while deep in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* NeoTreks (with Pro)
* Natural Atlas (with PRO)
* Custom Maps not constrained to quadrants
* Include your routes, waypoints, elevations and more.
* Share your custom maps with your party or leave one behind for loved ones to know where you will be
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Always take a hard copy map with you!
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Free: Download Maps, Sync Data, Folders, Trace Routes, Elevation Profiles, Waypoints, Record Hikes, Print Maps, Export Data, Import Data, Share Data
Annual or Quarterly Map Pass Subscription: Access to high resolution maps.
Annual or Quarterly Pro Subscription: Access to high resolutions maps, premium maps, and advanced features.
SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT INFORMATION
Topo Maps+ subscriptions will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the you purchase a subscription. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://glacierpeak.app/tos.html
Continued user of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixed a startup crash that was affecting some users.
Ratings and Reviews
Spend some time with it before you head out
I downloaded this for a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. I went ahead and paid for the detailed maps of those parks as separate purchases. Once I got to the area, I couldn’t tell if I was using those maps. I finally realized that I wasn’t. I kept trying to download them, but iffy WiFi and cell signal in the park made it fail. I finally sent a note to support and got a reply from the founder of this app. I really can’t fault his follow up. He talked me through the maps icon showing the map you are using having a green border. The downloads have to continue until they say Open. At home this is no big deal, but on low bandwidth that download can sit in full green for a while before showing Open. I kept closing it too soon. Anyway, resolution is very good on those purchased maps and if you download them ahead of time, it is easy to use. With family sharing, others in the family can also download them. A friend that came with us got the subscription. This meant she had to download each map section. Again, better to do that before you leave stable WiFi. Only after I got home did I try my iPad. Looks great and we could have used that for planning the next days hikes over dinner. Without GPS, wifi only iPad won’t show location or path. But it is a nice big, high quality map for planning. So the interface could be easier, but it works as advertised and the founder Mr. Johnson has my thanks for reaching out to help, personally.
Professional Use, Applicable Settings, Top Tier Service
I have used this application across a wide range of use from Military use in terrain evaluation and movement. To personal hikes to get to prominent locations. I have continued to be impressed by the quality of service from the Topo Maps+ team. I also am thankful for the commitment to Service members and their families.
They have so many great features from hunting use to national parks I have used Topo Maps+ in states ranging from Washington, Utah, Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, and Arizona I have tested and used this application. It has yet to fail me in any standard from up to date maps, inputting various coordinate systems, and navigate the land from both my mobile platform and from my Mac with trails and roads easily viewable.
I have used other apps but none that have my loyalty and use like Topo Maps+.
I have used this application for over a year and depend on it weekly in career and personal use. It’s worth your consideration.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review!
Free version has Offline Downloadable map chunks, decent resolution, and RELIABLE. GPS location compatible. I download the map chunks and use them with google earth when planning my 3-7 day hikes in "real" wilderness with only animal trails and forest service roads. I can use it for alternative routes (paths of least resistance) and emergency locations for rescue and water refill. ALWAYS share your path, and points of interest throughly with someone else, and be realistic. I can hike 4 MPH on clear roads and trails for 12 hours a day... But in the wild your paths are not straight, and the going is not that easy. For safety, I plan for 2 miles a day, and use the rest of the time for food, camp, and water. I don't want anyone fired from their job, hurt, lost, or freaking out wondering about the unknown if something were to happen to me. I'm a professional, and this a a simplified review. If you are confident, you are going to fail. Plan better. This tool helps.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- 160.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2019
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Map Pass $19.99
- 3 Month Map Pass $11.99
- 12 Months PRO $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.