TOXBASE® is the clinical toxicology database of the UK National Poisons Information Service, providing advice on the features and management of poisoning. Monographs are designed to be used by healthcare professionals involved in the management of poisoned patients.
There are two levels of access:
1. Free - for those who work within the NHS, PHE & MoD in the UK access is provided to the full NHS TOXBASE database.
2. Paid - for all others the annual subscription cost is £6.99 via in-app purchase. Access is provided to over 1000 of the top TOXBASE poisons, antidote and pregnancy monographs.
Key application features
Clinical staff are rapidly presented with key clinical information, including advice on potentially hazardous doses and appropriate management:
* regular updates to ensure users always have the latest guidance
* UK Teratology Information Service advice on the toxicity of drugs and chemicals in pregnancy
* users can use built-in forms to provide feedback to NPIS on serious cases
* no internet connection is required to search the database (although internet connection may be required to access all information on some entries)
How the app works
All users will download the app and then complete a short registration form. Users will then receive an activation email. Once the account is activated users can log in to the app using the username and password chosen during registration.
NHS, PHE & MoD users must register using their NHS/PHE/MoD email to obtain free access to the full TOXBASE database. In order to continue free subscription re-validation via NHS/PHE/MoD email is required annually. Users are automatically sent an e-mail reminder.
All other users may purchase an annual subscription (£6.99). Users are initially presented with a free sample version of the app designed to help them decide whether to subscribe via in-app purchase.
The information on the TOXBASE App is designed for healthcare professionals and requires expert clinical interpretation. Users are strongly advised to always discuss cases with their local experts in poisons management and not solely rely on the App to make medical decisions.
This release includes bug fixes and improved reliability.
As always, we are here to help! If you have come across a problem, want to provide feedback or require support you can get in touch with us by email email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good Medical app, works very well in iPhone. However in iPad it freezes on TOXBASE page, and didn't open beyond. It gives me big trouble after deleting it from iPad, but still found icon with open in updates and in the setting still present, and when I press it the side-by side page is white blank. Before deleting this bad app in iPad it freezes the iPad, which let me to reset my iPad but this icon in the update page still containing open, although I delete it from iPad. Will you please solve this terrible problem.
Crashed in iOS 10, in the latest update on Oct 26, 2016
Huge repository of information. Unfortunately, ponderous to browse through and difficult to find quick answers on the fly. Content seems like it was drawn from a website and not optimally modified for a mobile platform. Would benefit from editing and restructured user interface.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- D4t4 Solutions Plc
- 86.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- TOXBASE® © Crown copyright 1983-2021
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year subscription $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.