The TOYOTA DASHCAM App allows access to your genuine TOYOTA DASHCAM with your iPhone using the built in WIFI connection. Adjust the camera settings and/or download your memorable videos directly using your iPhone.
- View and download your recorded videos directly to your phone
- Adjust camera settings:
• Video quality
• Buzzer noise levels
• Turn ON/OFF Adventure Mode, and adjust SD card’s Adventure Mode memory allocation
• Turn ON/OFF Parking Surveillance Mode, and adjust sensitivity, wake-up modes and surveillance start delay functions
• Live view feature
- For your safety, the app will disconnect from the TOYOTA DASHCAM if vehicle movement is detected. Do not operate your iPhone while vehicle is in motion.
Your TOYOTA DASHCAM features 5 unique recording modes: 3 automatic modes and 2 manual modes activated using the “ACTION” button:
1) Continuous recording – automatically records when vehicle ignition is on. Never worry about turning on the camera to start recording. When SD card is full, oldest files are automatically overwritten.
2) Automatic Incident recording – if an abnormal shock is detected when driving, camera automatically locks and protects the video file from overwriting for review at a later time. Sensitivity can be adjusted. Maximum of 10 event videos can be protected from overwriting.
3) Parking surveillance – when vehicle is parked with vehicle ignition off, camera automatically wakes up and starts recording if an abnormal shock is detected. Parking surveillance files are locked and protected from overwriting. Sensitivity can be adjusted. Maximum of 10 parking surveillance recordings can be protected from overwriting.
4) Manual Flagged Event recording – capture interesting moments by pressing the “ACTION” button on the camera. The current video segment(s) 12 seconds before and 8 seconds after button activation will be protected. Maximum of 5 manual event recordings can be protected from overwriting.
5) Adventure Mode recording – capture your driving adventures. Press and hold the “ACTION” button on the camera for 1 second to start protecting the recorded videos. The Adventure Mode recording will stop protecting files after maximum time is reached, or when the “ACTION” button is pressed and held again for 1 second. Maximum of 1 hour of Adventure Mode videos can be protected from overwriting.
Open Source Software Used:
Ratings and Reviews
Will not connect
I got this app to work only a couple of times in the *almost* year that I have had my new 4Runner. The fact that it will only work when the car is running is ridiculous. How are the videos not sent to “the cloud” to be viewed later? So if my car is in an accident and won’t run then I have to rely on the memory card. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Let alone the fact that I am getting the same error as others trying to get the app to even open and connect at all. I loved the idea of having the dash cam built right into my car but I literally can’t use the app. Hope it’s improved.. would be a really useful tool!
It the whole thing
I have a 4Runner. Main complaint is the app won’t let you view files when the car is not running. It should be able to sync when connected to it’s wifi and view offline. Which makes the whole system useless. I’m not going to waste my time removing the SD card and putting it in my laptop. It’s not 2001! Or just sitting in my car while it’s running and wait to view each file. Very disappointed with whole system.
Refuses to connect
The regular “Toyota Integrated DashCam” app connects just fine, but this app just refuses to connect. Yes, “local network access” has been granted, but no luck.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toyota Canada Inc.
- 59.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Toyota Canada Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.