Wärtsilä Pilot PRO is the application intended for everyday needs of deep sea, channel, river and harbour pilots and other maritime professionals.
The Pilot PRO operates on iPad utilizing the AIS Class A or 3rd party NMEA sensors via Wi-Fi, built-in or external Bluetooth GPS for backup positioning purposes. The application runs on Transas TX-97 vector chart format recognised worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information and also supports S-63 / S-57 ENC formats.
• OS and HW requirements:
- OS Apple iOS 10.3.x and higher
- Recommended iPad devices: iPad mini 2 and higher, iPad Air 9,7" and higher, All iPad PRO models
• Positioning systems, NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors:
- iOS (iPad built-in GPS)
- AIS Class A transponder
- 3rd Party NMEA sensors over Wi-Fi
• Pilot Specific Features:
- Docking Mode
- Conning Display
- Fore & Aft Speed and Resulting COG vectors
- Own Ship Predictor
- Automatic Distance Lines for berthing and mooring
- Fender Lines
- Virtual Boarding
- Extended Data Logging and Playback
- AIS Target Meeting Points & Rendezvous Points (RDV) on a selected route
- CPA-TCPA and BCR-BCT calculations
- Secured AIS Data option, integration with the Wärtsilä Ship Traffic Control solutions
- ROT beeper and Vessel Parking System audiovisual signals
• Chart Data:
- TX97 chart folios and monthly chart updates. Direct online installation of charts and updates from the server
- S-63 AVCS and S-57 ENC Chart support
• General Functionality:
- Display of Charts, Routes, Track(s), Fender Lines and User Objects
- North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
- Monitoring of navigational data: Position, HDG, ROT, Course (COG) and Speed (SOG)
- Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods
- Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
- Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
- AIS Target presentation on charts: Target contours, dimensions and information
- Multi Units and Multi Language support
- Alarm monitoring functionality
- Route, Track, Fender Line and User Object: Export/Import via GPX, KML, KMZ and RTZ formats
- Day and Night chart palettes
• Extra Modules:
- Advanced Data Module option: Weather Service, Tides and Tidal Currents, Internet AIS Service
- E-Nav Module option: Secured AIS Feed from VTS, AIS Meteo Data, IHO S-124 NW areas support
- Advanced NAV Module option: Echo-Sounder and Wind Sensor support for onboard connections
Wärtsilä Pilot PRO app is only available through the App Store to the registered users.
NOTE: Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Wärtsilä Pilot PRO app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilot PRO team
iOS 13 improvements
Pilot PRO team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Wartsila Voyage Sweden AB
- 94.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2010-2020 Wärtsilä Voyage Limited. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.