Aloha from the Garden Isle of Kaua'i. Transceive allows amateur radio operators to connect to their AllStar node from anywhere in the world. Operators can administer linked nodes, monitor traffic, and transmit audio, all from the comfort of their Mac.
You will either need an account on the node you are connecting to or register for an AllStar account and use it to connect to public nodes.
ALLSTAR PUBLIC AUTHENTICATION
• Connect directly to public nodes with your AllStar account. Experience the AllStarLink network without the complexity of setting up your own node. A callsign is required to sign up for an AllStar account.
• Account information is stored for every node you manage. Passwords are securely stored in the macOS keychain.
• Hostname and port for public nodes are automatically looked up via DNS so you don't have to remember specific IP addresses.
• Node indicators let you know if your node becomes unreachable due to change in network conditions, for example when connecting to a new WiFi.
• Connect to up to 8 nodes at the same time.
• Nodes can be set to automatically connect when the application opens.
• Node attributes and location are displayed for each node.
• Callsign details such as name, license type and country are looked up automatically. (Availability varies by country of callsign issuance.)
• Node locations can be visualized on a map by clicking on the pin icon.
• Experience high quality audio from any sources connected to your Mac.
• Monitor and adjust audio levels with the help of a calibrated audio monitor panel.
• Full duplex support.
• Transmission is activated by holding down the PTT button or the SPACE bar.
• When transmitting, a timeout timer is displayed to help you avoid timing out a repeater.
• Latching PTT option provides a hands-free experience.
LINKED NODES MANAGEMENT
• Quickly link your node to other nodes on the network.
• Identify keyed nodes as they transmit.
• A history of previously linked nodes is preserved for easy access in the future.
• Automatic unlinking prevents you from inadvertently linking multiple nodes together. This feature can be turned off when necessary, for example when managing a hub.
• Modify built-in DTMF commands to match your specific node configuration.
• Define your own DTMF sequence presets for quick access to frequent operations.
• A keypad allows you to enter arbitrary DTMF commands for your node.
Transceive is independently developed and not affiliated with AllStarLink or its developers.
Ratings and Reviews
An Excellent AllStarLink App for Macbook
As others have noted, this app does what it says. On a recent road trip (1200 mile round trip from Tennessee to Florida), I used it to connect to various AllStar Link nodes and engage in nets and one-on-one QSOs via my cell phone’s Internet hotspot. The app performed flawlessly and when I wasn’t driving, I enjoyed my Ham Radio hobby in a mobile environment with no worries about where the nearest repeater was located or having to map out specific repeaters within range of the Interstate highway.
Once we arrived at our destination, Transceive continue to perform perfectly and provided great flexibility to sit poolside and “play radio”. Initially, I had a couple of questions dealing with how to use it. I’m very pleased to report that the developer was quick to reply to my queries with friendly, accurate answers to every question.
Transceive is a great app that makes it easy to enjoy Ham Radio in a variety of locations and modes of transportation in places that HTs or mobile radios were impractical or simply out of range. Thanks Island Magic Company for a solid, dependable, and fun app!
Works as promised!!
As a USA licensed HAM Operator for a very long time I am often saddened at the lack of any real software for the Macintosh for my amatuer radio hobby. This one is a breath of fresh air! A modern, up-to-date actual Mac program. So not only is there a Mac program for HAM radio, this one works perfectly. It handles all the audio devices I have, the GUI is fast and responsive, it handles all the Cocoa look-and-feel including themes, and the developer will happily answer any questions if you get stuck if you're a NOOB like I was to AllStar. Works perfectly and I was up and running with a full AllStar client in less than five minutes. When I created my own node from a Raspberry Pi-4B, this software let me control it instantly. Just as hoped and just as described. 5-stars.
An App That Does What It Says It Does
I am an amateur radio operator and was delighted to find this app. It allows any licensed ham to to connect to the AllStar network using the Mac.
I am a blind VoiceOver user. I found one aspect of the app that did not work with the VoiceOver screen reader. I contacted the developer and he responded immediately and quickly fixed the problem.
This app is easy to use and it works great.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Makena Ventures LLC
- 13 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Island Magic Co.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.