TRex makes OCR easy and accessible on a Mac.
But what is OCR anyway? Imagine you have a PDF file or a Web page where you can't select the text, image with text on it, or even a YouTube video. Forget retyping it manually; with TRex, you can extract text from anywhere, and it is as easy as taking a screenshot.
TRex can help you to copy text from:
- A PDF with non-selectable text
- A screenshot
- YouTube video
- Zoom call screen sharing
- ... and more!
If you can see it on your screen - TRex can copy it.
Every feature in TRex works offline, no internet is needed:
- Text recognition (OCR)
- Read QR Code and barcodes
- Handy macOS menu bar app, with option to hide it
- Configurable global shortcuts
- Configurable recognition language
- URL scheme support trex:\\capture
- New: Support for Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese
- Fixed: Crash in diacritical marks processing
Ratings and Reviews
Works surprisingly well
I've occasionally used Tesseract to try to extract text from images, and it hasn't worked well for me. So my expectations for this app were low. But this app works incredibly well. For example, I pointed it to an image on Twitter of a medicine bottle, which had text that was slightly out of focus and written on a curve. But the app nailed it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ameba Labs, LLC
- 1.1 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ameba Labs
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.