The best way to enjoy all of your favorite Internet radio stations wherever you go.
⁕ In Your Pocket ⁕
Triode goes where you go with your iPhone and iPad. The elegant interface keeps your favorite stations right at your fingertips.
⁕ From Your Couch ⁕
Listen with our Apple TV app and use AirPlay 2 to listen anywhere in your home including HomePod.
⁕ In Your Car ⁕
Road trip, anyone? Enjoy your favorite stations while driving. CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts means no fumbling with controls.
⁕ At The Office ⁕
Triode brings one intuitive experience to all your devices, including your desktop computer.
⁕ Limitless Choices ⁕
Start with Our Picks – a curated roster of the best news and music from around the world. Just a tap to discover new sounds from New Orleans to London and beyond.
You can also search thousands of broadcast stations by genre, name, city, or call letters. Find your favorite iTunes Radio station or set up things manually using a URL if that’s your thing.
⁕ Sync Up ⁕
iCloud syncs your favorite stations seamlessly across every device. Handoff lets you move seamlessly between your iPhone & Mac so you won’t miss a beat or the latest news.
⁕ And More! ⁕
Supports Apple Music and iTunes Store:
• Learn more about an artist
• Purchase a streaming song
• Update your playlists
Listen Privately - No signup. We don’t want your email, phone number, or even an account. Nothing.
Presentation Mode - Tap to hide Triode’s controls for a distraction-free view. Tap again and they come back.
Looks Great Everywhere - From the iPhone SE to a Pro Max, Triode looks great. A universal app that’s designed with you in mind.
⁕ Free with No Ads ⁕
Triode is completely free to use. We don't put any ads in the interface or add them to the audio. An inexpensive subscription improves your experience with these options:
• Add Favorites - Your favorite stations are synced across all devices.
• High Quality Artwork - When available, album cover art is clean and crisp.
Triode is optimized for each platform you run it on: no web players masquerading as an app. Designed with full support for all the things that make Apple products great.
A single purchase gets you access to everything you see above.
Triode uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The subscription provides additional features like high-quality artwork and favorites. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Identify steaming songs with Shazam, keep your favorite stations backed up and safe, improved display of track info and artwork, bug fixes & more.
• Identify streaming songs and music with Shazam
• Access Shazam via the Now Playing view:
- iOS: Tap the music note icon to open the control panel
- macOS: Click ⋯ to open the control menu
- tvOS: Click up button to reveal the control panel
• Added new tools to manage and keep your data safe
• Open Triode's Settings > Manage Your Data:
- Backup your favorite stations with export & import
- Export a list of the current track history
- Data is saved as JSON that can be processed by Shortcuts and other apps
- On macOS, use File and Station in menu bar
• Station artwork now displays a title if needed (in widget or CarPlay)
• Subscription expiration dates are now displayed correctly
• Improved detection of track, artist, and album meta information
• Improved detection of track artwork
• Sleep Timer is no longer stopped if you switch stations
• Added a display setting to Hide Album Artwork
• Added Controls to menu bar for controlling playback
• Improved layout of ⋯ control menu
• Added standard sharing sheet in ⋯ control menu
• Improved "Copy to Clipboard" in Track History
• Reduced prominence of indicator to show control panel
• Fixed legal buttons in purchase view
Ratings and Reviews
Looks great, needs improvement in car
The app looks great but needs some improvement when used as a background in-car radio:
1. I have my car connected via Bluetooth. Sometimes, when I start the car, the app will start playing, but more often not. The needed functionality is seemingly there, but not always working.
2. When I pass tunnels or other regions with sketchy reception, the app stops playing, but it’s not resuming when I get the signal back. There’s a need to restart the audio (while driving). This is different from a regular radio that won’t naturally work in tunnels, but always resumes when in surface.
3. There’s a dialog box “can’t play that station” that is most definitely can’t be seen when the app is in the background (when e.g. navigation in foreground).
4. Sometimes I leave the car when the radio is not playing (stopped by itself) and walk 20 meters away. When I return (Bluetooth established) the app starts playing again.
5. The car “play” button sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. At times I can hear the chimes (great idea btw) but when I bring the app in the foreground it’s not trying to connect, as the play button is tappable.
Edit: thanks for your response, but my car is not equipped with Apple CarPlay.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it. Some of these issues can most likely be improved but some are due to bugs or deficiencies in CarPlay itself unfortunately. Apple's grip on what we as developers can do in CarPlay is super tight and restrictive. We'll keep trying to improve things there as much as we can however. Appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and for your rating. Enjoy!
Best of the bunch
I came back to Triode after trying other options. I still think it’s the best option, but I can’t figure a few things … when I previously used this app (I had paid for it three years in a row), I could see the artist, album art, track for every song for FIP Monde, which I listen to almost all the time. When I came back to Triode recently and purchased the ‘forever’ option, I no longer see this info. I just get the generic FIP Monde art and have to tap on Shazam to ID the song. It shows up briefly on the screen, then disappears. Did something change to make this not possible? I also use to see a + button to quickly add a track to Apple Music, but I no longer see that, either. I’m thinking I must be missing something, but checking the support I don’t see how to fix this. Still, great app. The buffering is superior to other apps I’ve tried, so it doesn’t drop out as often in CarPlay, it seems to me.
Developer Response ,
FIP recently updated where they put the track & artist info. We updated our database and the app will pick it up automatically in a few days. You can also use Refresh iCloud Data in settings to get the update immediately. Thanks also for the kind words!
Best radio app in the App Store
After using several others over the years, Triode comes in and takes the internet radio crown. It has art, syncs stations between devices (yay!), has a good search function, and does it all with an uncluttered, delightfully simple interface. It makes me happy every time I use it to play public radio while making coffee in the morning or playing some music to work or relax.
Triode has some UI oddities and needs a little more polish to make some of the interactions feel truly modern. An option for custom art from the web or any image file would be a nice touch too (some radio stations don’t provide a great default).
Since it’s at the top of a somewhat weak set of options in the App Store, it gets five stars. If the devs (thank you!) keep hammering away with regular updates, it could go from great to sublime.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. The ability to customize station artwork is on the list to do for a future update. A bit tricky since this art you upload needs to sync across iOS, macOS and tvOS all at the same time. We want it too but its going to take a little work. In the meantime thanks for taking the time to review us, enjoy using Triode!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 45.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Forever Purchase $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.