Interact with your music and fall in love with your library all over again.
** Featured on MacStories, 9to5Mac, Cult of Mac, iDownloadBlog, iMore, and more. **
Marvis offers a beautiful presentation of your Music Library with loads of powerful features in a minimalistic yet highly customizable UI.
• For Apple Music & iTunes Library.
‣ Supports Apple Music Search, Charts, For You & Radio.
‣ Non-subscribers can search & browse the Apple Music catalog and play 30s preview for all available songs.
• Use Drag & Drop to add one or more items to Up Next, Play, or Shuffle.
• Advanced Media Details and Artist Info.
• List & Grid Layout. Multiple Grid styles to choose from, like Cover Flow.
• 40 App icon choices.
• Sort and Group.
‣ Sort by Recently Played/Added, Year, Rating, Play Count, and more.
‣ Group Playlists & Genres into Albums, Artists, Composers, etc.
• Smart Rules ‣ Filter, Sort & Limit.
• Last.fm support.
‣ The ability to scrobble is included with your purchase.
‣ Advanced features require an additional one-time fee.
• Music.app is required for Marvis to function.
• Due to iOS restrictions, it's not possible to delete items from your library or playlists via Marvis.
■ New Quick Action for Tracks: Add to Playlist
• You can enable it for all song-based sections from Marvis Settings → Gestures → (Tracks) Quick Action.
• Or, enable it on a per-section basis for song-based sections.
■ Added the ‘Show Artwork’ setting to toggle artwork visibility on the mini-player
■ Renamed ‘New Home’ to ‘Section Folder’
■ Fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best App I’ve Purchased
My love for music (particularly heavy metal) is to the point of obsession. I’m always listening to music, building up my own collection with classics and new releases, or keeping my finger on the pulse of what my friends and the larger music community are listening to. Marvis Pro gives me all of the resources I could imagine to streamline these processes. With a little fidgeting, I was able to create a “radio station” that constantly pulls 25% from my personal library, and 75% from other playlists, such as Apple’s “Breaking Metal,” which is a good way to find new music. That’s just scratching the tip of the iceberg. I can’t wait to jump back in and figure out similar tricks for other circumstances. For example, I’m already planning on making similar stations that mix my tastes with those of friends and family, which may make long car rides a little easier!
On top of that, as someone who spends a lot of time in music streaming apps, the amount of customization options are fantastic. Being able to move every section around, enlarge, shrink, or collapse various images, and even customize the background itself with a load of options was a ton of fun and looks great! Further, having everything I could want (all playlists, albums, artists, songs, custom stations, etc) on one screen is something I can’t imagine ever going back from.
I just love this app. Well worth the price. Best app on the store, in my opinion.
My new favorite
I've been using another music app for years, and to be honest, it's been great, and I have been (and am) very happy with it, and with its developer. And yet, I have to be honest, Marvis has completely blown me away by being all that and more. It is very nearly everything I've ever wanted, or even imagined wanting. With apologies to my other music app, Marvis has stolen my heart away.
Marvis's developer has been outstandingly responsive, working with me to help me understand all of its nuances and taking time to understand how I use it, and what I'm looking for in a music app. I didn't really "get" all that Marvis is capable of at first, and his attention to my concerns really made a world of difference in helping me get the most out of it and understand what it is capable of. I'm very grateful for that.
The one thing that stopped me, especially at first, from making a wholesale switch to Marvis was the lack of support for iPad. In my view, that's really a must-have. There is a beta that does support iPad, and that's what I've been using. Once that's generally available, honestly, this will be the new standard-bearer, as far as I'm concerned.
Closest app I know of to the original iPod music app
Unlike Apple’s current music player app and other apps that strive to emulate it, this app shows the number of songs played in a playlist along with the total number of songs. This allows the number of remaining songs to be easily calculated. This capability helps ensure that songs are not deleted or repeated, which has been a common problem with recent versions of Apple’s music app since IOS 8, which this app successfully avoids. This app also shows relatively large album art on its screen compared to more recent Apple Music player app versions. Cesium used to be my third party music player of choice up until its recent versions eliminated the ability to see the list of upcoming songs, thereby eliminating the capability of determining if songs have been skipped or repeated. Mavis is now my music player app of choice and I highly recommend it for those who long for the simplicity of the original iPod music player, which can no longer be obtained from Apple.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aditya Rajveer
- 53.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.2 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019-2022 Aditya Rajveer
- In-App Purchases
- Last.fm⁺ $4.99
- Burrito for Addy $9.99
- Coffee for Addy $4.99
- Candy for Addy $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.