Trivia Bowl Buzzer is perfect for any fast-paced, Jeopardy!-style trivia competition (many such competitions are called Scholars' Bowl, Quiz Bowl, or Academic Bowl). Players use separate devices to buzz into the Game Host's device. Upon buzzing, the Player's device sounds and vibrates, and the Game Host's device indicates which Player has buzzed in, while preventing all other Players from buzzing in.
This app uses Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) capabilities to connect multiple iOS devices (which act as buzzers) to a central hub, eliminating the need for wired buzzer systems.
THEREFORE, Trivia Bowl Buzzer is compatible only with the following devices:
- iPhone 4S and more recent
- iPod Touch 5 and more recent
- iPad 3 and more recent
- iPad Mini (all models)
- iPad Pro (all models)
Note that devices running Version 1.0 will not be compatible with devices running Version 2.0 as a result of the added functionality in Version 2.0. It is therefore necessary that all devices update to the newest version of Trivia Bowl Buzzer.
Note also that, due to the nature of Bluetooth connections, various complications could potentially occur during gameplay. As a result, the timing of buzzing might not always be accurate (for example, distance might cause one device which actually buzzed in first not to register until after another device has buzzed in). Thus, this app should not be used for any high-stakes competition or in place of any high-accuracy buzzer system. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions or comments about Trivia Bowl Buzzer, kindly email triviabowlbuzzerios[at]gmail[dot]com.
Thank you very much!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Game Host can keep track of team and individual scores using custom-defined values for "Correct," "Incorrect," "Bonus," and "Penalty."
Ratings and Reviews
A good starting point, one key feature missing
I just downloaded and paid for the host version of the buzzer app. I am a classroom teacher and really hoping to be able to display the buzzer through my Apple TV in the horizontal mode. The app will currently only display portrait, which doesn’t allow for students to see clearly. Is there any way this could be updated? We are using this for jeopardy style games, and the buzzer is essential for my competitive class as they want to be able to clearly see who buzzed in first before running out of time to answer.
Requires rating...over and over again
Preliminary thoughts: Awesome how it notifies you who buzzed in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as grant points or subtract points. Dislike that it required me to provide a review before continuing to use the app. (Purchased app for the host version)
We paid for the game host feature but the app had lots of bugs.
1) the connection dropped for some players occasionally and to add them back, the whole game needs to restart and everyone need to reconnect. The app should remember all the players and their scores and allow players to reconnect if disconnected.
2) the connection should not disconnect if the screen sleeps. Specially for game host, it should remember last setting and continue rather that restart the game.
If the above two issues are resolved, then it would be an excellent app for jeopardy or other group games.
The developer, Harper Wallace, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harper Wallace
- 12.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Harper Wallace. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Game Host $2.99
- Team Captain $0.99