The best solution to the drug problem is education.
Much of what kids hear on the streets about drugs comes from those selling them. The Foundation for a Drug-Free World provides educators with practical tools to give youth solid facts which enable them to choose to lead drug-free lives all on their own.
No one questions the severity of the drug problem and its devastating impact on youth. Academic results suffer and, even worse, drugs undermine health and destroy young lives.
The best solution is to reach young people with effective, fact-based drug education—before they start experimenting with drugs. Tweens, teens and young adults who know the facts about drugs are much less likely to start using them.
This Truth About Drugs Education application is the ideal supplemental aid. It fills the growing demand for practical tools to help the teacher, instructor or drug prevention specialist communicate the truth about drugs swiftly and effectively.
The application features full lesson plans, assignments and classroom activities that capture and retain young people's attention—and elicit their participation. Students willingly read, view and, most importantly, use the information to make the right choices about drugs.
- Full interactive classroom environment, built to facilitate several learning environments, providing tools for both the teacher and the student
- Teachers can use the application to deliver the curriculum to students right in the classroom
- Tutors and home school teachers can manage several students at once, customizing the curriculum for the needs of specific students in a remote or one-on-one scenario
- Lessons shown on the chalkboard tailored for the students, giving the teachers the ability to walk through the steps with the students
- The Teacher's Guide section provides the full educators guide and lesson plan for each lesson, allowing them to prepare lesson delivery beforehand and also deliver the curriculum step by step using the iPad in class
- Notice Board section gives teachers the facility to post up exemplary student answers for the class to see for discussion purposes and to make teacher announcements
- Student Roster provided to manage your students, review progress and assign grades for each student
- Grading system provided with the ability to assign a grade, pass or flunk, with full notes
- Notifications and messaging system provide the ability to send and receive messages to individual students.
- All Drug-Free World educational videos, booklets and materials are provided in the resources section, as well as in-line with the lessons themselves, ready for immediate viewing
- Additionally, all materials can be downloaded for viewing, making these available whether you are online or offline
- Is fully synchronized with your online classroom at http://education.drugfreeworld.org, where teachers can also login with the same account information, where the same tools and environment is provided, including more advanced class management and grading
- Students can download the application and do assignments either right in class, or at their own pace under the guidance of a tutor or counselor
- Full lesson plan displayed right on the chalkboard for students to progress step by step through the curriculum
- Videos and booklets provided in-line with the course steps
- Steps include essays, questionnaires, assignments and homework
- Ability to download all materials needed to do homework outside of class.
- Notifications section available to exchange messages with the teacher and review the lesson grades
- All downloadable resources are available to the student for viewing and sharing with friends.
- Student's progress through the curriculum is fully synchronized with his online login at http://education.drugfreeworld.org, and students can complete lessons on either the iPad or website
* Bug fixes
* iOS 12 Compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Too many bugs
This app has various bugs. I’ve tried to log in and it kicked me out of the app.
When taking the classes, it won’t let me read or watch videos, meaning I can’t complete my class and my teacher probably thinks I’m a hoodlem. On top of that, it’s scare tactics. All the videos I have seen are just college kids telling you the same thing you’ve heard about all these drugs already. I want something with facts on the chemical build, what exactly it’s doing to your mentality and body, and the different forms and dosages. This is basically saying “Don’t do this because these people ruined their lives”. Especially the marijuana. Obviously weeds not perfect, but they make it seem like you build a tolerance then feel the need to get high on something else. It’s happened to plenty of people, but it depends on your mind sight.
I’m using this app to better education for my children.
With it I know that my kids will think about twice before using any drugs.
I strongly recommend that every parent use it.
Thanks for the developers!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Foundation for a Drug-Free World
- 63.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2006–2019 Foundation for a Drug-Free World. All Rights Reserved. The Foundation logo is a trademark owned by the Foundation for a Drug-Free World.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.