The KOLD Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
What happened to water Temp?
The only reason I kept the app was because there was a realistic sea surface water temp layer and now its gone! That was a really good forecasting feature for hurricane season. Now what??? So much for “News Now” Im currently considering other apps right after this
Horrible New Map!!
This latest update is the end of my use of KOLD’s weather APP. The satellite image looks like something out of a horror film. The storm tracks are confusing and out of sync with all other weather apps. The severe weather grids are colored completely different than other apps. Causing complete confusion upon glancing at the map. Severe thunderstorm watches are in red. This is normally reserved for Tornado. Warning are also the same red so it’s impossible to tell where there’s a watch or warning without tapping the boxes. Whoever decided to make these changes needs to leave. Please put the app back the way it was. Until then, I’m gone.
Old map is better!
I don’t like the radar view of this map!. I agree with the other reviewer the older map was more realistic and what we see on the weather forecast on TV. Also bring back the previous earthquake indicators that changed color as they got older. A lot easier to determine without having to figure out how much it’s faded.
I wish channel 9 had a weather app. I’d probably use that one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.