The Ultimate IRC Client, now for iOS.
* Unlimited channels
* Bold,Italic,Color recognition in chat
* Save HTML Logs
* Channel and Nick control
* UTF-8 encoding and other encodings.
* UPnP Support
* Ident Support
* DCC support
* No Ads
* Multiple Servers
* File Sending/Receiving Ability
* TurboIRC Exclusive Features
Switched TurboIRC to iAd Advertising network and fixed some bugs for iOS 8 compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excelled where others failed
I spent hours trying to find an IRC client on iOS that could handle DCC and had no luck until I found this. It cost 99¢ to get the file option, but well worth it. Minutes after downloading the app, I was able to receive files. UI isn't gonna win any awards but it's intuitive enough if you know what you're doing. I was able to add a server and join my desired channel effortlessly.
Can't really test it.
I wanted to like this app, and it seemed to work well. However, there were a couple of things that bugged me about it.
1) When filling in settings, you have to set the font first, and then your nicks, otherwise it will forget what you just entered in the nicks boxes after you leave the font chooser window. Not that bad, but annoying.
2) The killer for me was that you can only test the app on the handful of servers that are pre-set by the developer. I understand that if you want to connect to multiple servers concurrently, you'll need to purchase that feature. However, I wanted to add a server that I use all the time so I could test the experience on my favorite server. No can do. Clicking the "New Server" button does nothing.
I gave the app 3 stars because it seems to work well, but if I can't try it on my regular server without paying then it's not for me.
TurboIRC works well as a Stand-Alone IRC platform
Split screen in iPadOS 13 might allow to run TurboIRC and browser at same time. Update: Split Screen is disabled for this app. I need to switch to my browser regularly when using TurboIRC, but its risky because TurboIRC will loose connection sometimes. Solution: Browser is available using Reader Pane / Reader View sliding finger to left from the right edge of the screen. This solution does not cause TurboIRC to loose connection.
- Michael Chourdakis
- 4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, French, German, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Chourdakis Michael
- In-App Purchases
- Files Support $0.99
- Multiple Server Support $0.99
- No Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.