TwelvePoint is a software for writing and publishing screenplays, teleplays, theatrical plays and novels. Write your own story, the software will automatically take care of the layout.
TwelvePoint (iOS) is designed for professionals and beginners to take full advantage of the capabilities of mobile devices and is 100% compatible with the macOS version.
We have paid particular attention to providing a good interface to design the structure of the story, because it is the key to ensuring a well-balanced script. Browse the story vertically, as if you were moving through documents and folders. Organize, rename and create, acts, scenes and paragraphs. Whether you write a novel or a screenplay, you'll always be able to see the overall picture, focusing on the important details.
Observe the scenario at 360 degrees. Add notes and labels to elements, develop characters, rename locations and time sequences without having to recheck every single paragraph.
Easily write your own scripts without worrying about layouts, margins, or organizing paragraphs across multiple pages.
The layout is automatic according to the selected set of rules.
The main industry standards are available by default (American, French, Italian, Italian, Korean) and you can create more and share them with other users.
At any time, you can choose with which styles of layout you want to publish, without any modification to the paragraphs.
Export scenarios as RTF (Rich Text Format) or PDF files that can be read and edited on any platform and on any device. You can also share projects between users who have the iOS or macOS version.
> The structure of the scenario:
Each scenario can be viewed as a vertical tree structure.
> Relationships - develop a story using labels:
Each element of the scenario can be labeled (resources, scenes, paragraphs). Two examples where labels can be used:
- Describe the structure of a story (e.g. "Main story", "Secondary story", etc.)
- Calculate statistics (e.g. cost of props, cost of external scenes, etc.).
- Writing: All languages supported on the device (e.g. Western, Asian, Russian, Russian, Arabic alphabets).
- User interface: TwelvePoint is currently available in English, French, Italian, Spanish and German.
- Publication: Each scenario can be customized to automatically translate scenario elements such as "camera positions", "transitions", resource names and other style-specific elements.
> Writing and publishing:
- Write as in a chat. Reorganize elements with a simple drag & drop.
- No more need for sheets of paper! All your drafts can be stored on your device.
- Secure sharing. Projects are only stored on your device and you can decide to share some of them or their text version using standard email encryption. Only the final recipient will be able to read the content.
- All features are also available offline.
> Free text writing:
You can also write using a text editor, type scenes and paragraphs directly using the free text area.
Other existing scenarios (txt, RTF, HTML, docx) can be imported and managed as native projects.
After the final draft, you can switch to the production version, activating the review mode. Each change will be tracked according to the standard Hollywood color code (blue, pink, yellow, yellow, etc.).
Revised scenarios can be shared like any other project.
You can generate and export in text format, statistical reports of your scenario.
- Import text document: Improved text parser capability for novels.
- You can now add or delete your custom summary texts.
Ratings and Reviews
Zero Stars. Unusable.
In 10 years of using iOS, I’ve written maybe two or three reviews. Please let me warn you not to waste 18 dollars on this app like I did. It’s almost completely unusable. The only “help” is through videos which don’t explain anything. And 75% of the promised features appear to be missing. The only option I have for writing appears to be Movie. It’s advertised that you’re supposed to be able to do Television and Novel, as well, but I have none of those options. And there’s not even really a way to easily create a new document. Please don’t make the same mistake I did. I would give anything to have the ability for a refund. I should have taken the reviews of this compan’s other apps into consideration, but I thought for sure this would be a different story. I was wrong.
Developer Response ,
thank you for this feedback, please write to us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can guide your first steps through the app.
Regarding your concerns:
- To create a different scenario: you can do this either creating a new project or tapping on the dashboard (e.g. tap on the movie icon). When creating a new project you can select the type of script you want to start with: movie, tv show, theatre or novel.
- Tutorials: the video tutorials "How to create a project" and "Change type of script" describe exactly the functionalities you are looking for.
I hate to say this but DON’T WASTE YOUR $$$ ON THIS. At least not yet.
I just purchased this program in good faith to support the developer and others coming up with innovative ways for writers to get their words on the page. Unfortunately something seems to be broken with this program, or this version of this program.
The app does not look,or function as advertised in the App Store. It just looks broken and bugged out.
I spent too much time trying to figure out how to create a project or add to it. The navigation is either confusing or absent. There is no user manual in the app or on the developer’ s website.
The concept is good but that’s about all that is going on. I’ll be happy to update this review once the developers fix this unusable mess.
Developer Response ,
please write to us directly at: email@example.com so we can guide your first steps with the app.
You can access video tutorials directly within the app (internet connection is needed). If you need more details let us know, we will be happy to create a dedicated video for you.
Please note that there is also an iBook (epub) that you can download on your device for free that describes all the app functionalities. You can get the iBook via our home page: www.twelvept.com or just searching form "morepaths.com" or "twelvepoint" on the iBook store.
We look forward to hear from you again.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cristiano Pontani
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 morepaths.com. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.