Screenwriting has never been so easy!
TwelvePoint is an app for screenwriting, focus-oriented, that enables you to write a movie script or a novel from the initial draft to the final version.
A 360-degree-view of the whole story that will help you focus on the details that matter.
Manage the structure of your script easily, like working with files and folders. Write and publishing movie scripts, teleplays, stage plays, or novels. The app takes care of formatting, layouts, and organizing paragraphs across multiple pages.
TwelvePoint (iOS) is designed for writers and screenwriters (professionals and beginners) to take full advantage of the capabilities of mobile devices and is 100% compatible with the macOS version (sold separately).
The industry standards are available by default (American, French, Italian, Korean, Right-To-Left). Additional configurations can be created and shared with other users.
THE SCENARIO’S SECTIONS
Each scenario is organized by sections to focus on a specific aspect of your script. E.g., content, script outline, character development, publishing.
THE SCRIPT STRUCTURE
Scenarios are presented in vertical tree structures. Script components can be renamed, associated with notes, tagged, added, or deleted quickly. At any time, you can reorganize acts, scenes, and paragraphs using Drag & Drop.
CONTENT & LAYOUTS
The content is separated from the publishing formatting. At any time, you can choose which style you want to use without any change to the paragraphs.
IMPORT / EXPORT
Plain text (txt), Html, Rich Text Format (rtf), PDF, Microsoft Word (doc), Final Draft Project (fdx). TwelvePoint projects (12pt) can be shared among users having the iOS or macOS version of the app.
-Develop a story using tags: Each element in a scenario can be associated with tags (resources, scenes, paragraphs).
- Writing: All languages supported on the device (e.g., Western, Asian, Russian, Arabic writing systems).
- User interface (Menus & Tutorials): TwelvePoint is currently available in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Publishing: Each scenario can be customized to automatically translate scenario elements such as "camera position", "transitions", resource names, and other style-specific elements.
ARCHIVING & SHARING
- Drafts can be archived on your device.
- Secure sharing: Projects are on device stored. They can be shared via e-mail or exported to external folders (e.g., iCloud) with or without encryption in any of the formats available. If protected, the password is required before importing the scenario on another device (with TwelvePoint installed).
- All features are also available offline.
PLAIN TEXT WRITING:
You can modify a scenario, design the script structure, or create a new one in the plain text editor. Existing scripts written in other formats (txt, RTF, Html, doc) can be imported and managed as native projects.
- Colors: After the final draft, you can switch to the production version, activating the revision mode. Each change is tracked according to the standard Hollywood color code (blue, pink, yellow, yellow, etc.).
- Omit items, scene numbering, lock content, and watermarking.
Generate and export statistical reports of your script.
THEMES & COLORS
The app supports light & dark modes to meet all light conditions.
This release contains updates related to the latest iOS versions.
Ratings and Reviews
Zero Stars. Unusable.
In 10 years of using iOS, I’ve written maybe two or three reviews. Please let me warn you not to waste 18 dollars on this app like I did. It’s almost completely unusable. The only “help” is through videos which don’t explain anything. And 75% of the promised features appear to be missing. The only option I have for writing appears to be Movie. It’s advertised that you’re supposed to be able to do Television and Novel, as well, but I have none of those options. And there’s not even really a way to easily create a new document. Please don’t make the same mistake I did. I would give anything to have the ability for a refund. I should have taken the reviews of this compan’s other apps into consideration, but I thought for sure this would be a different story. I was wrong.
Developer Response ,
thank you for this feedback, please write to us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can guide your first steps through the app.
Regarding your concerns:
- To create a different scenario: you can do this either creating a new project or tapping on the dashboard (e.g. tap on the movie icon). When creating a new project you can select the type of script you want to start with: movie, tv show, theatre or novel.
- Tutorials: the video tutorials "How to create a project" and "Change type of script" describe exactly the functionalities you are looking for.
I hate to say this but DON’T WASTE YOUR $$$ ON THIS. At least not yet.
I just purchased this program in good faith to support the developer and others coming up with innovative ways for writers to get their words on the page. Unfortunately something seems to be broken with this program, or this version of this program.
The app does not look,or function as advertised in the App Store. It just looks broken and bugged out.
I spent too much time trying to figure out how to create a project or add to it. The navigation is either confusing or absent. There is no user manual in the app or on the developer’ s website.
The concept is good but that’s about all that is going on. I’ll be happy to update this review once the developers fix this unusable mess.
Developer Response ,
please write to us directly at: email@example.com so we can guide your first steps with the app.
You can access video tutorials directly within the app (internet connection is needed). If you need more details let us know, we will be happy to create a dedicated video for you.
Please note that there is also an iBook (epub) that you can download on your device for free that describes all the app functionalities. You can get the iBook via our home page: www.twelvept.com or just searching form "morepaths.com" or "twelvepoint" on the iBook store.
We look forward to hear from you again.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cristiano Pontani
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 morepaths.com. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.