Typing without limits on iPad and iPhone. When it comes to on-screen keyboards, bigger IS different, and Typefinity is built to take advantage of the larger screen size on tablets and modern phones. Stay with the flow when it's time to type a number or symbol or you need to move around, because the needed keys are right there in the main layout. And we use the full width, not just the middle, to display word suggestions.
Ergonomics aren't sacrificed either. The main keys are big enough to type fast, and autocorrect is fine-tuned for catching common finger misses. You'll find using Typefinity is almost like having a full bluetooth keyboard -- without the weight and bulk!
• Numbers and punctuation in one layout, where your fingers remember.
• Cursor keys for easy, precise movement by letter or word.
• Dedicated keys for accented characters in your language.
• Option switch for typing other symbols and accented characters.
• Full autocorrect in all supported languages, showing more than three words.
• “Short” layout option for more screen visibility in landscape orientation.
• Swipe input (trace words with your finger), and flick up on number and punctuation keys for shifted versions.
• Privacy friendly (“full access” is NOT required for most functionality, including autocorrect).
Languages / layouts supported: English (US and British / UK / Aus, Dvorak), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Spanish, and Swedish.
• ".com menu" functionality restored on iPad
• Move cursor "vertically" as well as horizontally by hold-drag spacebar (vertical scrolling approximate due to lack of Apple support)
• Ergonomics improvements on iPhone
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Swipe typing doesn't work too well. Also does not predict the next word when typing.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry for your disappointment. Swipe will seem to work less well than a comparable keyboard with larger keys, and we don't crowd-source improvement data. The strengths of our keyboard lie in the convenience for typing full text including numbers and punctuation, moving the cursor, optional short layout, and respect for privacy. We recommend it to users interested in these features.
Now a 5-Star Product!
Earlier, I rated this one star because I couldn't get it to come up by pressing the Globe key on the standard keyboard, as the installation instructions instructed. I was able to uninstall the emoji keyboard, which I never use anyway, and then I was able to install this keyboard. It works fine for me now. Just be aware that if you need to type in a password, you will still need to use the standard keyboard due to an Apple security requirement.
I usually use a Bluetooth external keyboard for landscape typing and this product for portrait typing. I also use this product in landscape sometimes when the Bluetooth one has turned off to save the battery, and I don't want to turn it back on. Money well spent!
Developer Response ,
It's confusing but the 'ABC' key on the emoji keyboard is the equivalent to the Globe key. Tapping that should get you there. Also, you can always tap-hold the Globe (or 'ABC') to get a menu of the keyboards. UPDATE: Glad it worked well after that hurdle!
Not worth it.
I paid to use this app hoping it would be worth it but I am highly disappointed due to its (lack of) functionality. All the free keyboard apps have the features this app has, this app doesn’t have a smart swipe feature. Of course it does have swipe but always misses the mark, very difficult to use and occasionally gets a word correct but mostly always gets words incorrect when swiping. Wish I could get my money back tbh. I recommend don’t pay for this app!
Developer Response ,
We are sorry for your disappointment. Our keys are a little smaller than other keyboards so swipe will seem to work less easily, and we don't crowd-source improvement data. We focus on support for typing full text including numbers and punctuation with good ergonomics, moving the cursor without finger gymnastics, optional short layout, and respect for privacy. Our keyboard delivers the best experience in these areas bar none and we recommend it to any user who values them.
- Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- 14.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Give developer love $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.