Holiday Sale -50%
The Ultimate Code Wrapper gives you the ability to access all your Code-Server, OpenVSCode Server, gitpod, github.dev, vscode.dev, github codespaces, github1s, jupyter notebooks, jetbrains projector and stackblitz online instances in one place "with tweeks". That means you can use all defined and global shortcuts without the limitation of a browser.
UCoW also adds a custom Keybar, including an innovative new "cursor control stick" to the virtual keyboard.
Short features overview:
• Access to all keyboard shortcuts (physical keyboard required)
• Extra Key-bar with many onscreen shortcuts
(including a virtual stick to move the cursor without a trackpad/mouse)
• Best possible performance on iPad devices
• Quick switch between multiple code-server instances
• Optimized Trackpad support
• Multi instance and window support
• Editor scale/zoom support
••• ! ••• This app requires a self hosted code-server instance
or an account at one of the supported services ••• ! •••
• Code-Server (self-hosted)
You can download code-server at: https://github.com/cdr/code-server
• NEW! OpenVSCode Server (self-hosted)
Download it at: https://github.com/gitpod-io/openvscode-server
• NEW! Support for VSCode and Jupyter Notebook Add-On in Home Assistant (www.home-assistant.io)
• NEW! Join a live share (VSCode Extension) on https://VSCode.dev via URL or Liveshare id
• Gitpod (gitpod.io)
• Github Codespaces (github.com/features/codespaces)
• Github1s (github1s.com)
• Stackblitz (stackblitz.com)
• VSCode.dev (github.dev)
• Jetbrains Projector (jetbrains.com/projector)
• Jupyter Notebooks (jupyter.org)
• more services will follow soon
••• ! ••• An internet connection is required to work
••• ! ••• An external keyboard is recommended to use the app since selection with the touch cursor is not supported in VSCode at this moment.
This is a wrapper app only and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.
•• NEW in 5.x •••
• fixed a copy an paste bug
• added VSCode.dev Live sharing support
- you can enter a live share session (ver popular VSCode extension) url or liveshare-id under VSCode.dev (Remotes) and join a shared VSCode session.
• some bug and performance fixes
If you like UCoW please support this project by writing a short review on the AppStore.
Thank you for reading.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good, something could be improved
Works quite well, despite a few issues here and there:
1. The input method floating thingy takes up 1/10 of screen space, which is kinda annoying
2. Sometimes nothing happens after key press; must press tab or something else first
3. Sometimes pressing enter has no effect; must type shift+enter to create a newline
Please support host-self open with workspace ~
Cannot connect to Jupyter kernel with Python extension. Works as expected in Safari.
Developer Response ,
Hi evil_cheburek, jupyter is currently not supported but planed for the next release. Please help me to solve your issue. You can contact me directly under firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christoph Gogolin
- 3 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Christoph Gogolin | Gogolith 2021
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.