Udemy is an online learning platform featuring 80,000+ video courses taught by expert instructors. Take courses in anything from programming languages like Python, and Java to personal development classes like design, drawing, writing and yoga. Join the more than 24 million students who are mastering new skills, advancing their careers, and exploring new hobbies on Udemy.
LEARN ANYTHING: Discover courses in over 2,000 topics - from coding and data science to marketing, Photoshop, yoga, and more. New courses, on cutting-edge topics like machine learning, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, are continuously refreshed.
LEARN AFFORDABLY: Udemy has both free and paid courses within your budget. Once you’ve enrolled in a course, you’ll have lifetime access to the content.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS: Be inspired by 35,000+ expert instructors teaching in 50+ different languages.
LEARN ANYWHERE: Download courses to learn offline. On the go? Listen to courses in audio-only mode.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE: Ask both students and instructors questions. Personalize your learning experience with speed controls and closed captioning.
Free and paid courses available in:
- Business: Finance, financial analysis, entrepreneurship, public speaking, presentation skills, writing, etc. Plus, data & analytics (SQL, machine learning, deep learning, data science & more).
- IT & Software: IT certification, network & security, cyber security, CCNA, etc.
- Office Productivity: Microsoft, Apple, Google, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Personal Development: productivity, leadership, personal finance, career development, study skills, etc.
- Design: drawing, web design, graphic design, design tools (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & more), UX design, UI design, design thinking, etc.
- Marketing: Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization(SEO), social media marketing, marketing fundamentals, mobile marketing, content marketing, product marketing, etc.
- Lifestyle: arts & crafts, travel, gaming, dog training, etc.
- Photography: digital photography, photography tools, commercial photography, video design, etc.
- Health & Fitness: yoga, nutrition, meditation, self-defense, etc.
- Teacher Training: online course creation, presentation skills, instructional design, etc.
- Music: instruments (guitar, piano & more), music fundamentals, music techniques, music software, etc.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, etc.
Thank you for learning on Udemy! This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, app has some bugs tho
It’s overall not bad, but there are some issues that the devs need to work on. I didn’t see a way to contact the devs outside of the App Store review process, so I’ll offer some feedback here.
Offline content shows as downloaded when it’s really in the *process* of downloading. I started downloading a course to watch on my morning train commute and even though the app shows my course as “Downloaded Content” view, only 8% of the videos were available to watch once I was offline, which was frustrating. The icons used for episode status look similar, so it’s not always clear if they’re really available for offline viewing. A progress bar in the “Downloading Content” view would better indicate the real status of downloads. I’ve had one course on download for 4 days, but it seems to have forgotten to finish downloading, so I’ll probably have to cancel all the queued episodes and manually restart the download, which is also frustrating.
The app gets very sluggish at times, where a video that is playing doesn’t stop right away when you select pause, and sometimes starts to play up to a minute after you try to resume (on a fast WiFi network).
The app has a pause before starting the next episode, which is great, but If you click this pause button, the app often begins playing the next episode anyway.
All that said, the Udemy app is a great way to consume courses.
UX should be improved in mobile app
- When you go my courses tab and browse one of your purchased courses in mobile app, there is no link to go to the author profile for looking his/her other courses. You basically need to search instructor name in search section to find his/her other courses. Waste of time. This problem can be solved very easy. In purchased courses, a simple button/link which goes instructor profile can be put in the “more” section. Then I can easily look my instructors other courses and enroll them if I like it.
- When you look for a new course, you can see the curriculum in extendable way. Tree structure in other words. When you click the “+” sign, you can see the content of the section. This is perfect. If there is a lot of section, it says after showing some section, “There is 19 more section”. 19 is trivial, this number depends on the course. Anyway, when you click this link to see whole section, there is no tree view any more. No “+” sign to extend section content. Which means there is a very big table of contents page. You have to scroll down and up to see everything. It is waste of time. You can implement a tree view after I click to see whole section. Then If I curious about content of the one section, I can click the “+” sign and see the content. You also can add “extend/collapse all section” option. This is more user friendly.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you so much for your feedback and we really appreciate all of your sincere contribution to the Udemy app. We have recorded these suggestions as a feature request, and we do hope that this will be launched as soon as possible. Have a great day!
I doubt I would have purchased products on Udemy if I had known how their set up was. most of their products can only be streamed or downloaded to the mobile app but no desktop downloads! they say due to piracy issues, completely understandable but the streaming software is buggy and needs to be updated. I stream video from the usual places Netflix etc. without issue in HD but Udemy software is constantly buffering and won’t load making it impossible to use their courses. And I have tried to download courses to the mobile app multiple times. on three different devices, Over different Wi-Fi’s and on phone data plan. I’ve tried downloading different courses to mobile device without success, downloads will usually complete around halfway to 3/4 and then stop and never finished downloading the rest of the way. Since streaming capabilities are clearly not up to par, they should make downloading an option to desktop, otherwise they should notify people before purchasing that you’re only allowed to “rent” their courses since if I cannot download it I technically don’t own it. It’s truly unfortunate because they offer many great courses at very reasonable prices. I feel like they just need to be upfront about how their product is distributed.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the downloading and streaming issue. In this case, could you please try to change the connection and download the individual lecture instead of the whole course? You can also try reinstalling the Udemy app to see if things work. If not, please feel free to reach out to us via https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us. We'll be there for you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation!
- Udemy Inc
- 79.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Udemy, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Udemy Course $9.99
- Course Tier 12 $11.99
- Course Tier 11 $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.