UniFi Protect allows users to set up, manage, and stream video from UniFi camera networks, directly from your smartphone or tablet. With no recurring fees, UniFi Protect offers one of the most cost-effective security solutions for commercial and residential applications. With this app, you can:
- Set up your UniFi Protect deployment in minutes with a simple in-app camera connection module.
- Stream low-latency HD video that dynamically adjusts to your network’s bandwidth to ensure uninterrupted live feeds.
- View key motion events with a concise in-app timeline that can be expanded or compressed at your fingertips.
For more information, please visit our UniFi Protect FAQ page at help.ui.com.
- Add new doorbell ring popup UX.
- Add "Enable Notifications view" to camera settings.
- Improve Timelapse clip export UX.
- Improve detections screen.
- Improve audio session persistence.
- Improve native permission requests.
- Improve background location handling.
- Improve local console discovery.
- Improve Doorbell ring sound file.
- Improve switching between multiple local consoles.
- Fix labels that contain an amount of time.
- Fix crash when deleting last local console.
- Fix initial audio session issue.
- Fix console list parsing issues.
- Fix Timelapse rotation crash.
- Fix iPad Timelapse rotation dead-end.
- Fix the frequency of system status updates.
- Fix 2FA close button alignment.
- Fix direct console appearance when a Remote Access service is down.
- Fix camera settings background view animation.
- Fix remote access availability messaging.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be nice to be able to temporarily suspend smart alerts. For example if I am in my yard working I don’t want constant alerts. Would also be nice to allow smart detection alerts to break through sleep/DND. Update for version 1.5.6: New UI is HORRIBLE! When viewing a camera in the timeline, the camera footage is at the very top of the screen. iPhones have curved displays and a notch at the top, which obscures a portion of the footage. Did the developers actually use this version before releasing it??? Also, please fix setting the begin and end points when saving a video. It now defaults to an hour long clip. I often want to save a couple minutes of video and it is EXTREMELY difficult to move the sliders on the timeline. The part you have to tap on is basically on the edge of the screen and it usually takes me 15-20 tries before i can actually tap on it. I guess this is another case of nobody actually using the app before it was released.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! There is a setting in the app called Video Player Position which allows you to shift the video player down if you prefer. Please try it out and let us know if you’re still having issues at email@example.com!
It’s JUST okay
I switched over to Unifi Protect from the Unifi Video NVR. Unifi Video app was actually really good functionality and layout wise, but was severely buggy to the point of some features just stopped working. But, I had an old iPad 2 that I used as a monitor, was the perfect use for that device, could pick it up and carry it to the kitchen and watch the cameras. Now that I’ve switched to Unifi Protect, Protect won’t run on the iPad2 because it’s iOS 9.3.5 and Protect requires iOS 10 and above. I’m not happy that now my old iPad 2 is obsolete. The motion alerts can get annoying sometimes though. If someone’s working in the yard in the motion zone of the camera, I get a new notification like every few seconds from the camera. There’s not really anything you can do to fix that though, not even tweaking motion zones. I think it should have a dummy timer option where if a motion zone is seeking constant motion, it doesn’t SPAM my phone with alerts. 2-way communication with this app is a joke though, the onboard speakers and mics on the cameras are terrible, even the G4 doorbell. If Ubiquiti doesn’t include better mics and speakers on their cameras, they should just abandon this feature as it doesn’t work. Selecting a clip and exporting it works fantastic though, it just works! Saves directly to my photos/icloud library.
Return your equipment for refund before its too late
The user interface looks awesome. but you dont buy security equipment for looks. you buy it for reliability. i have always had recommended unifi firmware updates along with my unifi hardware. everything is on battery backup so no excuses there either. Heres some of the problems ive seen with my equipment and customers i support. -equipment is never reliable. Ive had security events that i could not play back because of software problems for a few seconds at the time of the event. -wireless cameras that work great for about a month and then after the return period passes they start having connection issues. -notification features of the app are a joke and consistently malfunction. -useless support, you’ll spend countless hours (time you lose in addition to the money you lose buying garbage equipment) troubleshooting getting nowhere before finally being asked to factory default everything and still have problems pop up again. most good reviews are fake or by people that dont rely on it....they don’t monitor enough to know they are missing footage or the camera was offline for hours, or they can’t playback the few seconds someone spent trying to pick the lock at their back door.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ubiquiti Inc.
- 298 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.