At United Through Reading, we believe that together, we unite military families facing physical separation by facilitating the bonding experience of reading aloud, and envision a nation of resilient families with a shared love for reading.
This app expands the reach of our simple but important program. Through the app, stories read aloud by service members are captured on video and a link is sent home so that via a web based viewer, the children in their lives can see their loved ones face, and hear their familiar voice. And, as they read along in their book, something profound takes place:
1. The anxiety and stress, caused by separation, fades
2. Service members become part of the family’s daily life at home again
3. Caregivers at home are supported because the parenting responsibility is shared
4. Homecomings begin with a child welcoming a familiar parent, not a stranger
5. A love of reading and books is sparked in the child
Because the videos are recorded and then uploaded, the recordings can take place offline, time zone differences are not an issue, and the child can watch the video and read along over and over again, any time day or night.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stories to go!
Great app! It is easy to download and easy to use. It’s great because you can record any time you want and it’s free! Don’t forget to request your free book when you’re done recording. UTR is truly one of the best military non-profits around. Thank you, UTR, for a great product!
My kids and spouse love this app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.