Preview and record real-time facial performances in the Unity Editor.
**This app requires a connection to the Unity Editor to function (see the requirements below).**
Unity Face Capture helps you easily add realistic face animation to your characters, saving animators many hours of time and effort. It captures your facial expressions and head movements to control a character in Unity in real time.
- Capture and animate facial expressions and head poses using ARKit.
- See a live preview of your performance in the Editor.
- Set up per-character mapping and overrides
- Apply recorded animations to any compatible rig.
- Use customizable settings to amplify or dampen the performance on a per-blend shape basis.
- Record audio and video during the face data capture for reference.
- Synchronize the app data with other connected devices using a centralized timecode source.
- Computer running Windows or macOS
- Unity Editor 2020.3 or later version
- Live Capture (Unity package)
- Private network access for both the app and the Unity Editor
(Use the App Support link for easy access)
- Detailed installation and setup instructions: https://forum.unity.com/threads/1111255/
- Live Capture (package and apps) reference: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.live-capture@latest
• New face calibration option to improve recording quality based on the subject's neutral pose and device orientation.
• New onboarding screens to guide the user through first-time setup.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but doesn’t record audio or video
Has settings to allow recording of audio and video takes at the same time but they never generate! :/
A great, in engine solution for ARKit face tracking
Hello! I’m a technical artist at the studio I work for, and two years ago developed a solution to transfer ARKit face tracking to our characters. It was very cobbled together, and required one of the several paid apps on the App Store to send the blendshape values over OSC. ALL of those apps are way too expensive. I was super excited when this tool was announced, and now that I’ve switched to it, I can confidently say it’s the best solution.
Our favorite feature is the ability to (from within the unity plugin) let the plugin discover our blendshapes by name instead of order in an array, and then allow us to, per blendshape, adjust its mapping with a multiplier and soft weighted clamping.
Very powerful and intuitive toolset! Bravo, Unity!
I’m trying out the app on Unity and the face tracking works with the sample project, except for the fact that when I connect, the app says client not connected, even though there is a face device component in the sample scene. Since that pop up won’t go away, I can’t access the rest of the buttons on the app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Unity Technologies ApS
- 68.5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Unity Technologies Inc.