In this co-op puzzle game prequel to the award-winning Cryptic Killer series, put on your detective badges as you collaborate and communicate to catch the Cryptic Killer.
ABOUT UNSOLVED CASE
Unsolved Case is a co-op puzzle game that requires players to communicate and work together. It is the free prequel to the popular 'Cryptic Killer' series.
Dip your toes in and go back to where it all began as you team up in two as detective duo Old Dog and Ally, up against the Cryptic Killer. For the first time in the series, you'll encounter a labyrinth of puzzles and challenges laid by one of the most devious minds in the world. Solve puzzles, crack codes, and find a way out.
Have you got what it takes to crack the Unsolved Case of the Cryptic Killer?
Unsolved Case is a free game for two players to complete in 30-60 minutes. In this puzzle game, you'll get a taste of the mystery to come over the 5-part Cryptic Killer series.
Years ago the twisted Cryptic Killer was put away behind bars at the infamous Anagram Asylum. But today, he's back, and he's taunting the detectives. Did they catch the wrong guy, or are they looking at a copycat killer?
A new lead arrives in the form of a mysterious locked box. Delivered direct to their addresses, detectives Ally and Old Dog are once again sent on a chase that'll challenge them unlike any case before. Explore new locations, crack codes, and unravel the mystery. In this prequel, you're invited to step into the detective's shoes and return to where it all began.
THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE IS TO WORK TOGETHER
Two minds are better than one, and the only way you'll be able to crack the Cryptic Killer's codes is by working together. Through separate screens, you and a friend will be given half of a puzzle at each location. Communicate, collaborate, and work together to push your puzzle-solving skills to the limit.
- Crack the codes to get into the locked box
- Combine your knowledge to solve challenging puzzles
- Fax each other information across two locations
- Rewire equipment, hack the CCTV, and work together to escape
- Get creative - some puzzles require you to draw on the screen
- Hurry, or you'll lose more than just the case!
- Free Game: Dip your toes in and play detective for the day in this prequel case for detectives Ally and Old Dog, before you try the full series.
- 30-60 Minutes to Solve: The prequel takes place over one bitesize chunk of fast-paced, puzzle-solving gameplay.
- Two Player Co-Op: In Unsolved Case, the detectives are separated. You’ll see different items and clues than your partner and will be tested on your communication!
- Challenging Collaborative Puzzles: Two brains are better than one when it comes to cracking the Cryptic Killer's codes.
- Explore Illustrated Worlds: Unsolved Case's hand-illustrated environments are inspired by noir novels.
- Draw on… Everything! You can't solve a case without taking notes. At any time in the game, you can whip out a notebook and pen to make notes and scribble on your environment.
Changes and additions:
- Added more game servers to fix location-related connectivity issues
- Updated UI of the tape recorder puzzle
- Resolved a control issue with the forklift when exiting its view during an animation
- Fixed drifting forklift problem
- Updated some stability issues
Ratings and Reviews
Wow this changed my mind on gaming apps
My best-friend and I recently played this game, it came up as a recommended app to play and I’m SO glad she came across it. First, I want to mention, I haven’t downloaded a single game on my phone in maybe 6 years or so, never really found them exciting or honestly worth it because I tend to be impatient haha, we started playing and soon found ourselves getting super into it, we brought out scratch paper to keep notes, I moved to sit on the same couch as her just so we can work together to figure out the puzzles. This game really made us think, I can’t remember the last time I really put myself in a challenging situation, online or real life so it felt nice to play as detective for the night and put reality to the side. When we finished the game, we both shared a look of disappointment because it was over, I wish we could’ve kept playing for a bit longer because it really brought her and I together for the night. Anyways, I really look forward to what else you have in store for co-op games, I miss the feeling already and wish I could play this for the first time again. Great job!
I have a long distance relationship and whenever we have down time we like to either watch a movie or find a game. AND WOW this was definitely a 5 star experience. I love puzzles but most importantly I loved the fact we just had something to do with each other. It’s kinda short but I would definitely clear at least 2 hours to really get into it. Getting part 2 soon. Give it a try!
What a Masterpiece!
The only negative comment is that it had to end! Me and my wife were scrambling to find the clues to solve the puzzles. I need to know when the full edition posts and if we can expect more games like this in the future! Really enjoyable and very rewarding when solved. Nothing too complex but I would not mind a harder version in the future!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for this review! Happy to say that we're working hard on the next title, which will be more challenging, and plan to release it in Q1 2023. Keep your eyes peeled :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eleven Products Sp. z o.o.
- 645.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Eleven Products Sp. z o.o.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.