Untitled is a powerful screenwriting and note taking app, from the Lead UIUX designer at Vimeo.
"Putting down my ideas, taking notes, and writing my screenplay without having to switch apps, or break focus, has been a blessing" - Marco C
Not a screenwriter? Not a problem. Untitled can instantly turn your notes into a fully formatted screenplay.
Develop your stories, build compelling characters, draft heart-stopping scenes, and transform your notes into a screenplay. Perfect for ideas, first drafts and everything in-between.
- iCloud Versioning - Never lose an overwritten thought!
- iPhone X Support!
- Split View & Slide Over now fully supported - Jot ideas while you research!
- Quick notes - Jot your screenplay notes and ideas as soon as you open the app, all in one place.
- A simple, beautifully crafted editor with a highly legible font that reduces writer's block when writing your story.
- Write Now, Preview Later: Write without the pressure of writing a perfect first draft; Preview in the industry standard screenplay format.
- Rich Text Outlines: New header, font, and bulleted styles allow you to create outlines however you see fit
- One Touch Reorder: Quickly arrange and rearrange your scenes, or ideas in Untitled with the new reorder menu. Say goodbye to your note cards!
- Pro Export Options: Export your masterpiece to .fdx, .fountain, .txt, .pdf or .html.
- iCloud Sync: Sync what you write in Untitled across your iPhone and iPad.
- File Format: All documents created in Untitled are .fountain files by default.
- Easy Import: Import .txt and .fountain scripts from iCloud, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, and more.
- Auto Save: Untitled auto saves your notes while you write them so that you never lose an idea.
- Focus Mode: Enter a clean writing environment so that you can focus on your ideas, characters and story.
- Writing Font: Untitled uses a customized version of Graphik for increased legibility over Courier when writing.
- PDF Preview: See an unobstructed view of your screenplay within the Preview window.
- Font Size Accessibility: Untitled now supports font sizes under Accessibility iOS Settings. Adjust for larger fonts when writing.
- Keyboard Support: Connect your Bluetooth keyboard for an even better writing experience.
- Magic Script Formatting: Untitled instantly turns your stories into an industry standard screenplay.
- Writing Guide: Learn the ins and outs of Untitled from within the app.
- Great Support: We answer emails really quickly! (they go straight to our phones!)
- Fountain support.
Ready to write your best screenplay? Download now!
- Fix IOS13 scrolling issue where cursor hid behind the keyboard
- Fix IOS13 "crazy flying side menu" animation on iPad
- Fixed spelling error "greather-than" - thanks Darrel!
Ratings and Reviews
Best mobile screen writing app!
I am very pleased with this app. It’s simple layout is nice to navigate. Notable features would include the sorting feature that allows you to move scenes around, as well as the short cuts which makes writing a breeze. I found this app very useful for spontaneous ideas and experimentation on the fly. When I’m not able to jump on my laptop to write, it is nice to be able to pull out my phone and jot scene ideas that I can export to any software.
One critique I would love to see is a dark mode. This would be nicer on the eyes at night. Great app!
Good, and can be Great!
I downloaded this and loved it immediately. Everything it already has is great, but I think it needs a few things to make it better. First off, I started writing in it for the first time yesterday and I loved it. I came back this morning and it was all gone, I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet (which is ok I'm patient). So that's a little unsettling if I want to go further. I think it would be a great feature to be able to have an account, so you can access your screenplays from multiple devices EASILY. I like to type notes into my phone as I come up with ideas and finalize them later on my iPad, so this would be an amazing feature and comfort me in using this app because I would be able to access my screenplays even if something happens to any of my devices. I hope someone sees this and takes this into consideration for the next (and hopefully soon) update :)
Developer Response ,
Hey Diego! Our latest update fixes that iCloud issue!
Constant Crashes, Deletes My Scripts
I want to start by saying that I do love this app. It’s great to be able to use an affordable screenwriting software, especially on my iPad. As a film student, it’s extremely necessary to be able to sit down and work on a script when inspiration strikes or when I’m away from home and can’t get to my computer. But, it has some major flaws that are becoming pretty drastic.
There have been multiple times where the app has crashed suddenly. Usually, it’s manageable. But at times, these crashes delete about 20 minutes worth of work.
Additionally, sometimes the app just straight up deletes my scripts. I spent hours working on a script a while back, but it got deleted. I left the app, went back the next day, it was gone. Sometimes, looking back at the version history helps. But sometimes, it does the opposite. There have been multiple times where I’ve tried to restore scripts as a new copy, and each time I do that, the app crashes. Sometimes, the crash straight up deletes the entire script (and ultimately its history).
I also had one of my big scripts get replaced with the text of another script. It deleted all of my work, which obviously sucked.
Again, I do really love the app. I appreciate being able to use it. But it’s becoming extremely unreliable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Screenplay & Script Pte. Ltd.
- 22.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Screenplay & Script Pte. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.